slips outta 4wd and grinds - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > slips outta 4wd and grinds

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 03-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
ccaf94
1998 XJ Cherokee 

slips outta 4wd and grinds

today i was out on the trails and put its in four wheel drive to get up a slippery hill and it was going fine for about 100 ft and started to randomly slip out of 4wd. i was curious as to whats going on so i drove it in the snow and stuff after wards in 4wd and sometimes it wont slip out sometimes it does. any suggestions?

ccaf94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Drain and re-fill the transfer case with Dexron-III/Mercon ATF. Adjust the 4x4 shifter.

np231-adjust-instructions.jpg  

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
ccaf94
1998 XJ Cherokee 

thanks ill give it a try
ccaf94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4 wheel , 4 wheel drive , 4wd , grinding , grinding noise

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.