Slip Yoke Eliminator... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Slip Yoke Eliminator...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-11-2004, 10:21 PM   #1
MY00XJSPORT258

Slip Yoke Eliminator...

For a 3-4 inch lift....which would you guys and girl recommend? A slip Yoke eliminator or a tranny drop. It's either 320.00 for the S.Y.E. or the tranny drop for a whopping 30 bucks. I mean The tranny drop would be a nice red skyjacker color but i wanna make sure that i do this right. So lemme know. And anything else you could possible think of like Q. Disconnects. Needed? Yes? No? Matter of opinion?

MY00XJSPORT258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2004, 10:24 PM   #2
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

The TC drop brackets are temp fixes for driveline vibes. The only way to get rid of the vibes and stop run-out on the TC output shaft is to run a SYE and CV driveshaft.

I would love a set of quick disco's, especially at 4"! Checkout EricsXJ's site and he has a link to some beefy ones that are pretty cheap.

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2004, 08:14 AM   #3
Odin

I would say save up your money and get the SYE and the CV DS like balloo said that is the only real fix. I hate having the dropped x-fer case because it hangs down and crap, and its just one more thing to hit and if it gets hit and damaged the cost of repairs to it will be more than the SYE and CV DS. Also it lowered my exhaust too because the bar that holds up that section of the exhaust is mounted on that cross member that you are lowering to lower the transfer case, well at least mine is. And one more thing I have the skyjacker transfer case drop kit. It does not come red btw, haha I was under that impression too. When I got it I was like awww, it is a goldish metal color, you have to paint it. I just painted it black I decided that I really did want to advertise the drop. But if you do decide to go with a tcase drop I do suggest the skyjacker it seems a lot more solid
30x9.5 Dayton Timberline L/T's
15x8 Tech1 Rock Crawler series 97 wheels 4.5 BS
Rusty's Air Tube w/ K&N cone filter
Dana 30 (f) / Chrysler 8.25 (r)
Hella 530 fog lamps
Odin is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.