Skid PLate Q's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Skid PLate Q's

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-15-2006, 04:42 PM   #1
joeksjeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Skid PLate Q's

ok i own a 1992 cherokee with the 4.0 and i had 2 questions ive noticed on some newer cherokees or shoudl i say the last production cherokees that they have gas tank skidplates ive seen them on 98's and some 2001's and i was wonderin if anyone noes if those skidplates would fit on a 1992? and another question the frame brace that holds the transmission on my cherokee, i have seen some holes in the frame right behind the trans brace, could you possibly get another one of those trans braces/frame brace and use it as another skid plate so that you have essentially 2 trans braces 1 to hold the trans and the other to be used as armor? thanks im on a tight bugets so im looking for ways to get armor for cheap - joe now for another quick question would a gas tank skid plate forma 1997 -2001 fit on a 1992? thankcs again

Last edited by joeksjeep; 05-22-2006 at 07:31 PM..
joeksjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2006, 05:02 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Factory gas tank skid plates fit either 1984 - 1996 or 1997 - 2001. The front and Tcase skids fit all years. The crossmember is really only sheetmetal and wouldn't do much. The factory Tcase skid isn't really worth the cost or bother as it is very flimsy. Aftermarket Tcase skids are much stronger, cover a larger area and are not very expensive.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2006, 02:28 AM   #3
96JXJ

Haleyes & I both have 97+ gas tank skids on 96's. They do have to be modified to fit. They need to be widened about 1/2" & the curved heat shield needs to be cut off. JIM.
Unread 05-16-2006, 12:10 PM   #4
Chuck Cook

Understand a tight budget, but you can get the best t-case skid in the door for about $120 - it will be worth it. Good Luck, cjc
Super Swampers 32x10.5x15 and fender trimming
Chuck Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2006, 06:53 PM   #5
ODAMO
2008 JK Wrangler 

Skid plates, Skid plates, Skid plates...

Protecting the under carriage is probably the most Important thing you can do to any vehicle that goes off road. Especially if it's got the tiny stock size tires. You probably should stay outta your Uncle's woods till you protect your bottom BOY.
So what did you find out bout your ignition lock? If you ask on here I'm sure you'd get some straight info on how to fix it.

Uncle ODAMO
ODAMO is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.