sisters gearbox bolt cant adjust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > sisters gearbox bolt cant adjust

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 02-14-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
SGTCornewell
2002 KJ Liberty 

sisters gearbox bolt cant adjust

my sister has a 93 xj 2wd. the steering box needs adjusted. i pulled the elec fan and was very surprised to find a solid bolt without an allen wrench hole in the top of it. anyone ever had this problem? how do i adjust this type of box?

SGTCornewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
Mikeand
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I suppose you mean so you can tighten a new belt on? Loosen the bolt on the top front, the one on the bottom front that holds the tensioner in place. There are two bolts on the back of the pump that need to be loosened too. then at the bottom right is the bolt to adjust the power steering pump...adjust it, then tighten everything back up..
1996 Cherokee Sport -4.6L Stroker, TB Spacer, Cold Air Intake, APN Header - D30 front / 8.25 Rear -RC 3" Lift -Dakota Leaf Pack -Rough Country Discos / -31" General Grabber A/T2s on 15x8 Cragar Soft 8s -Diamond plate rear quarter panels -Front bumper with hoop - IRO Double shear Track Bar and HD tie rod -Homemade light bar
Mikeand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeand View Post
I suppose you mean so you can tighten a new belt on? Loosen the bolt on the top front, the one on the bottom front that holds the tensioner in place. There are two bolts on the back of the pump that need to be loosened too. then at the bottom right is the bolt to adjust the power steering pump...adjust it, then tighten everything back up..
No its talking about a different issue.

OP, there should be a nut below the bolt head to "lock" it in place. Loosen this nut, then turn bolt.

Your welcome.

Oh and pics of sis or BAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 12:48 PM   #4
SGTCornewell
2002 KJ Liberty 

you dont wanna see pics. she confirms the myth. just bein honest. on the top side of the gear box, in fords the bolt has a flathead notch cut, jeeps have allen, theres only one lock nut, its brob 3/4 in size.
Unread 02-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
egodfrey
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Hussler likes those kinda girls

NOW PICS

DO NOT DO WORK WITH DRAKEN OFFROAD IN NY!!!
(also known as dragons garage in Oneonta NY)
egodfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #6
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTCornewell View Post
you dont wanna see pics. she confirms the myth. just bein honest. on the top side of the gear box, in fords the bolt has a flathead notch cut, jeeps have allen, theres only one lock nut, its brob 3/4 in size.
I just went out and checked, bolt with a nut on the bottom Perhaps they were changed out in certain years

Quote:
Originally Posted by egodfrey View Post
Hussler likes those kinda girls

NOW PICS
Hey if they have a pulse (and sometimes not )

JK thats AWFUL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
egodfrey
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussler View Post
I just went out and checked, bolt with a nut on the bottom Perhaps they were changed out in certain years

Hey if they have a pulse (and sometimes not )

JK thats AWFUL
Awfully true

anyway

DO NOT DO WORK WITH DRAKEN OFFROAD IN NY!!!
(also known as dragons garage in Oneonta NY)
egodfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 03:11 PM   #8
SGTCornewell
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussler View Post
ok, my understanding was that looking down from under the hood, after removing the fan, i would see a nut with a bolt going through it with an allen head cut out of it. am i upside down?

since you wanted it so bad i made my first attempt at uploading a pic. shes not beautiful but shes my sister and she has a wonderful personality.
woman-beard.jpg  
Unread 02-15-2011, 07:36 AM   #9
SGTCornewell
2002 KJ Liberty 

what, no comments on my little sis?! you guys wanted a pic! ok, i confess, i found this pic on google.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.