**sigh** Jeep starting problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > **sigh** Jeep starting problems

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap Skid

Unread 10-25-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
Red91xj26
1991 XJ Cherokee 

**sigh** Jeep starting problems

1991 jeep xj 5spd laredo 4.0HO starting problems.. So a couple months back my jeep would turn over really slow like errrr.. errrrrr. errrvroooooooooom. drives fine. got so bad I thought it was the battery or the alternator or something. I replaced the batery with a fresh one and it still did it for the next couple starts then stopped and started like a champ every time. So I changed the plugs and wires at my work and then it got so bad i thought it wasnt going to start back... It did after about a dozen tries (Drove great with the new plugs haha) now its still doing it and its now parked in my garage not starting. I think its a wiring problem or maybe a block relay? I was just wondering if anyone had ever experienced this problem and what they did to remedy it? I'm thinking ground wires need to be replaced? anyone have some cool input?? please please let me know

Unread 10-25-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2014 JK Wrangler 

Bad battery cables, bad grounds, bad battery connections, or all of the above.
2014 JK -- the project is just starting!
AZ Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
Red91xj26
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I'm guessing all of the above
Unread 10-25-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
jasonmason147
2001 XJ Cherokee 

What about the starter itself. Is it original?
jasonmason147 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical issue , starter

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.