She has died. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > She has died.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 10-04-2010, 07:14 AM   #16
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie564 View Post
fluctuating rpms can also be caused by a vacuum leak to the manifold. Check all your vacuum hoses for leaks or disconnections
Good advice as we have shifted gears from a stall/no-start to an idle issue. with the engine cold, snug up the intake manifold bolts working froom the center outward. Also spray some oxygen sensor safr throttle body cleaner around area that could have vacuum leaks. Idle will change when you hit them. BTW, ever cleaned the throttle body and idle air controller? Good place to start and it's preventative maintenance anyway.

cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #17
Sergeant_Zeta
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Well I think it was the sensor connection. I fiddled around with it some more and it has given me no more trouble.
Sergeant_Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #18
Sergeant_Zeta
1991 XJ Cherokee 

But thanks for ALL of the tips!
Sergeant_Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dead , start problems , starting issue , xj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.