Serpentine belt routing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Serpentine belt routing

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-08-2007, 03:41 PM   #1
euronewbie
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Serpentine belt routing

OK, I replaced radiator, water pump and about every thing on the front of the engine and did not take note of how the belt was routed. (and of course dont have a manual) can anyone give me some input as to putting the new belt on.

Thanks

Unread 12-08-2007, 04:02 PM   #2
euronewbie
1987 XJ Cherokee 

One quick note, I found another post about this for a '98 and the tensioner is in a differnet spot to my '87. My tensioner is neer the top passenger side, next to the compressor.
Unread 12-08-2007, 05:08 PM   #3
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Routing should be the same for your 87:
http://autorepair.about.com/library/...bl506a-lib.htm

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2007, 07:42 PM   #4
euronewbie
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Balloo93 - thats perfect thanks, how do you guys come up with all this information? I don't know but I certainly appreciate it, Thanks.
Unread 12-08-2007, 08:26 PM   #5
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by euronewbie
Balloo93 - thats perfect thanks, how do you guys come up with all this information? I don't know but I certainly appreciate it, Thanks.
many years

as a side note i would highly suggest you pick up a haynes manual or the like from your local parts store as it will pay for it self time and time again.

-Kyle
XJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2007, 06:03 AM   #6
euronewbie
1987 XJ Cherokee 

^ yeah thats one thing on the list of things to do today.
Unread 12-09-2007, 12:07 PM   #7
TMCXJ
1996 ZJ 

Kyle's right, so's balloo... the ONLY thing I'd disagree with in the slightest is that both the Hayne's and Chilton's, not necessarily in that order have sections that were definitely edited by that grand old dam, "Miss Information." Seriously, if you need exact page and paragraph references I'm happy to oblige, but there are too many to list from both. I'm not making them out to be useless or overall wrong, just be careful, ask here after reading before you begin a repair just to check, then go for it. I own both, plus the FSM, and I'm not knocking the Hayne's or Chilton's (not too bad, anyhow!) but they DO contain some wrong information and in many cases contradict each other. So -- I'm sure you're as thankful as the rest of us for this forum and others like it! Good luck!
"...a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. But tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason." Thomas Paine
TMCXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.