Serp. Belt frayed, got wound into fan!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Serp. Belt frayed, got wound into fan!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 01-20-2014, 03:07 PM   #1
coyotegal

Serp. Belt frayed, got wound into fan!!!

the fan quit moving and the water pump got burnt out.. I already changed the water pump out and put a new belt. But now the jeep wont run right. It doesn't even want to start but after three or four tries, it starts but when I give it gas, it dies and sometimes it reves up without me giving it any gas. I'm sure it won't run down the road. Could my timing chain be causing this??? Or???? Thanks!

Unread 01-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #2
landude
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like the belt isn't routed correctly...
Is there a diagram on your fan shroud?
landude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 05:59 PM   #3
coyotegal

I checked the diagram and double checked it and it's routed right. Thanks ;0)
Unread 01-21-2014, 07:21 AM   #4
Paradise XJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Smooth side on the shiny pulleys...ribbed side on the ...ribbed pulleys. See that you didn't upset any important vac lines...like the one to/from the MAP sensor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caner. View Post
I slide it in and then when I pull, it works fine.
Paradise XJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.