selecting a lift kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > selecting a lift kit

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #1
Cherokee2030
2001 XJ Cherokee 

selecting a lift kit

i want to buy a lift kit and i keep going back and forth onthe rubicon express 4.5 lift with new rear leafs, rough country 4.5 with new leafs ($800 one with everything) or the rough country 4.5 Long arm kit. i have around $1500 i have to include a SYE Kit with the lift kit. i was kind of thinking the long arm kit but i wasn't sure if anyone has a better idea of witch lift to purchase or if anyone actually had any of these in there jeeps. thanks for the help

one more thing has anyone rhino line the outside of there jeep?

Cherokee2030 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2010, 11:13 PM   #2
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

What about tires? 5 wheels and tires can cost about $1500. You can save a couple of bucks by doin a sye and stock front DS for the rear. 4.5 with DB would be cheap and wheel well. I'd go with the RE. No really, thats what i got. with the RE 4.5 you can always upgrade to LA later on in life too if you dont like DB. When i was looking at lifting my jeep it took forever to find the right kit for me. but in the end when its all lifted, you'll be happy.
LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2010, 11:36 PM   #3
Cherokee2030
2001 XJ Cherokee 

for tires i have 30x9.50x15 on 15in cragar soft 8. the tires came with my jeep when i bought it off my buddy. i just want to lift it and use those until they are bald and then i'll buy 32s or 33s. RE was the lift i originally wanted to purchase with new rear leaf springs because mine are junk now and most people i talk to all have RE. one of my friends told me rustys but there lifts done come with everything and buying parts separate are expensive so i want a kit that has it all.
Unread 06-28-2010, 11:37 PM   #4
Cherokee2030
2001 XJ Cherokee 

i also thought about a RE 3.5 in lift with new rear leaf springs but i figured if i plan on already buying a SYE from JBconversions that i mind as well go for one more in. this is also my every day driver
Unread 06-28-2010, 11:46 PM   #5
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

OK, my RE 5.5 is a DD also rollin on some Goodyear MT/R K's in 33" flavor. If there is an option to get new rear leafs instead of AAL, GET NEW REAR LEAF SPRINGS. AAL are junk, but it seems you are goin with new leafs anyways. With most lifts from RE, they sit an 1" to 2" higher than listed on their website unless you have aftermarket front and rear bumpers, tire carrier, winch. Mine got lifted about 6.5" to 7". I don't have much experience with other lifts, but I do love the RE products so far. I like mentioned before, I did alot of research on the lift I wanted, and seen alot of people that didn't like Rusty's too much. Try and look into that before you drop some $$$.
LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2010, 10:36 AM   #6
Cherokee2030
2001 XJ Cherokee 

what does DD mean? ya i heard from a few guys around Mass where i live that said add a leafs are a waste of time and money. i don't see how an add a leaf would last long seeing how its only one leaf u add and mine are smoked. i was originally wanted RE 4.5", but then my buddy has rough country in his 97 wrangler so i check them out and noticed i can get a 4.5 long arm kit for the price of a RE 4.5 with the shocks for basically the same price.
Unread 06-29-2010, 12:49 PM   #7
LiquidPT
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee2030 View Post
what does DD mean?
DD = daily driver.
LiquidPT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
lift kits

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.