Searched and Searched Cant find any info about Tomken Lifts,good or bad - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Searched and Searched Cant find any info about Tomken Lifts,good or bad

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-06-2005, 02:50 PM   #1
savage1978

Searched and Searched Cant find any info about Tomken Lifts,good or bad

From what I have seen on their website their upper and lower control arms are both adjustable and have johnny joints in them. Looks like a pretty good deal with full leaf packs for the rear and ect...heres what their site says
XJ 4" Ultra-Flex Articulating Lift Kit http://www.tomken.com/

For XJ models with Dana 35 rear
Set your jeep up so you can put on 31x10.50 tires. This lift has stood the test of time.
Kit Includes:
Coils
Rear leafs (pr)
Sway bar mounts
Rear bump stop ext.
Poly leaf bushing
Rear brake line ext
Axle shims
Adjustable articulating control arms
(Uppers and Lowers)
Set of 4 U-bolts
1" trans case drop

$971.20 TMT-2000-35

Lower adjustable arms w/ johnny joints
[IMG][/IMG]

This pic does not show all of the parts but most....

WHAT DO YALL THINK???? Looks like better control arms than come with the RE kit...but I dont know much. All I know is if everyone did what everyone else did than no-one would discover newer better stuff....so I want to make sure that RE is not the ONLY alternative to trash.

savage1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2005, 03:50 PM   #2
Xride

do a search for Tomken, lots comes up, seems they are pretty good.
Xride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2005, 04:36 PM   #3
savage1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xride
do a search for Tomken, lots comes up, seems they are pretty good.
I did search Tomken and Yes lots comes up but no posts came up that offered anymore information than you did ie..."seems they are pretty good" (not that I don't appreciate the input I really do, and I dont mean to disrespect). I was looking for more conclusive data, rumors, reputation, personal experiances, buddy's personal experiance, specific, non-specific ect.... Dont start flaming me for not searching because I did search and if I found the type of information I wanted I would have not started a new post. But since I did not find the information that I was seeking I thought I would make a new post and see if anyone has any sort of personal experiances or emperical data to offer. No I dont have many posts but that Might mean I use the search option alot and find the information I was looking for without creating a new post, But thanks for your concern in keeping re-posts to a minimum.
Unread 11-06-2005, 04:42 PM   #4
Scrub
2012 KK Liberty 

I've got a freind at work that runs the 6" LA Kit on his TJ and he swears by them, says that he ran an RE kit for 2 years and it just dident flex compared to this kit.....thats about all i can offer hope that helps

-Matt-

2012 Jeep KK Liberty Sport - Stock for now
Scrub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2005, 04:46 PM   #5
savage1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrub2k
I've got a freind at work that runs the 6" LA Kit on his TJ and he swears by them, says that he ran an RE kit for 2 years and it just dident flex compared to this kit.....thats about all i can offer hope that helps

-Matt-
Thank you Sooooo much, it certainly does help
Unread 11-06-2005, 08:09 PM   #6
savage1978

Bump.........................
Unread 11-06-2005, 11:21 PM   #7
savage1978

Unread 11-07-2005, 02:28 PM   #8
savage1978

Unread 11-07-2005, 03:23 PM   #9
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Tomken was one of the first companies to make kits for the XJ. Problem was, they didn't evolve with the other makers and they are finally starting to catch up. I have a set of their fixed UCA and LCA arms for a 4" lift and they are beefier than hell, but do not flex as much due to the rubber bushings.

I started looking at their newer arms and am damn tempted to go that route. They look like they are well built, and if they are like other tomken parts, they are! I say go for it, and give use a full update (with pics) of the fitment and flex the kit offers.

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.