Rusty's ultimate xj performance package? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Rusty's ultimate xj performance package?

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 03-11-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
Telecaster31
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Rusty's ultimate xj performance package?

hey guys i was wondering if any of you have ever used one of these packages and if you have what kind of results you have got from it. thanks Rustys Offroad: Rusty's Ultimate XJ Performance Package

Telecaster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
josh25050
1996 XJ Cherokee 

well i have'nt tried it but it looks good...every one of the parts are good quality...id just check out like summit or something and see how much all those parts would be if you just ordered them yourself...and besides summit sometimes has free on shiping on things that total over so much money...but im notto sur how much thatll be because i just drive up to the summit store...
josh25050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
USMC_XJ
2003 WJ 

I wouldn't go with it. The K&N is crap and the TB spacer is a loud whistle. Not much you can do to the 4.0 to make it faster/better mpg. But I would go with a better exhaust and the TB. Just my $.02 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99
The next time you want to tell a story but not get people's opinions, rather than post it on an internet forum, open up Microsoft Word, type your story there, then click on the little X in the top right corner and then hit yourself in the head with a sledge hammer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat
If he finds the yj section im putting round headlights on mine.
USMC_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #4
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Bored throttle body is good, I am rocking a cherrybomb pro, I like it, but the exhaust tube rustys sells is shameful at best fitments wise. K&N is no good for dusty environments, might as well get a nicer drop in filter for the stock box. TB spacer is a waste of money.

So I wouldn't get the package. I would get a good bored TB from www.jeepersandcreepers.com or www.strokedjeep.com, and get a cherrybomb or other muffler and have an exhaust shop bend you tailpipe.. Then get a higher quality filter (if you want) for the stock air-box.

Most of the $$ from that kit is probably for the throttle body. From stroked jeep you get a core charge back so its only $90.00 in the end. Or you can get a brand new 62mm body from JandC for 175.
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
justanotherjpr
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeXJ View Post
I wouldn't go with it. The K&N is crap and the TB spacer is a loud whistle. Not much you can do to the 4.0 to make it faster/better mpg. But I would go with a better exhaust and the TB. Just my $.02 though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettles View Post
Bored throttle body is good, I am rocking a cherrybomb pro, I like it, but the exhaust tube rustys sells is shameful at best fitments wise. K&N is no good for dusty environments, might as well get a nicer drop in filter for the stock box. TB spacer is a waste of money.

So I wouldn't get the package. I would get a good bored TB from www.jeepersandcreepers.com or Leigh Performance Machine, and get a cherrybomb or other muffler and have an exhaust shop bend you tailpipe.. Then get a higher quality filter (if you want) for the stock air-box.

Most of the $$ from that kit is probably for the throttle body. From stroked jeep you get a core charge back so its only $90.00 in the end. Or you can get a brand new 62mm body from JandC for 175.
X2 on these...I wouldn't buy that stuff for a Jeep.
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee , engine , performance , rusty's

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.