Running second sound bar. Help with wiring? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Running second sound bar. Help with wiring?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
Wolfie

Running second sound bar. Help with wiring?

Ok. I have a 4 speakers 95 XJ. I have a second sound bar. Already put it in. But... Not sure how to wire up/what to do. When it comes to wiring... Not the best to be honest.

So. Do i just splice it into the rear or front speakers to run them? or what do i do? Id love to have these speakers in.

Unread 03-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
N8N
1999 XJ Cherokee 

depends on the head unit, and exact location of sound bar. need more info. what head unit are you running, and do you have an amp driving your existing speakers?
N8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
Wolfie

its a pioneer head unit. The second sound bar is located right behind the front seats. No I do not have an amp (that i know of)
Unread 03-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
cherokeecrawler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Hey wolfie how did you mount your second sound bar? and did you do anything to keep it from sagging in the middle?
cherokeecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
Wolfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeecrawler View Post
Hey wolfie how did you mount your second sound bar? and did you do anything to keep it from sagging in the middle?
Do you know how the rear is mounted? The sound bar gets held up by the side trim (or atleast held in place) and then where that light is mounted in the center. 2 put in some screws which connect to the mount in the roof. Make sense? If you need pics i can take some.
Unread 03-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #6
cherokeecrawler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah thats what i thought. The only problem in mine is that its a limited and it had the full over head dash with all the garage opener compartments and also has the keyless entry glass and two lights on the dash attached to the head liner and falls below the head line 2-3 inches, directly where i want to put the sound bar. If you catch what im saying?

I just dont know if i should cut the back section of it off, the part containging the two cabin lights, and some how attach the lights in the new sound bar to where the old lights were.

Im sorry its kind of a hard thing to explain. I can put pics up if needed
Unread 03-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #7
cherokeecrawler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
its a pioneer head unit. The second sound bar is located right behind the front seats. No I do not have an amp (that i know of)
And if it wouldnt bother you to completly do away with the front door speaker you coult just run the wire for the front speakers up to the speakers in the new sound bar. Which would your perminant front speakers though
Unread 03-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #8
Wolfie

Im just going to daisy wire it til i can get an amp. Then ill run the rear speakers off the amp.
Unread 03-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #9
Wolfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeecrawler View Post
Yeah thats what i thought. The only problem in mine is that its a limited and it had the full over head dash with all the garage opener compartments and also has the keyless entry glass and two lights on the dash attached to the head liner and falls below the head line 2-3 inches, directly where i want to put the sound bar. If you catch what im saying?

I just dont know if i should cut the back section of it off, the part containging the two cabin lights, and some how attach the lights in the new sound bar to where the old lights were.

Im sorry its kind of a hard thing to explain. I can put pics up if needed
Yeah i kinda understand what your saying. But idk. I dont have that problem...

Tags
second soundbar , speaker , wiring

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.