Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Running Dana HP 44 Front/Dana 60 Rear?

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  cmotsvt 
#1 ·
I have a Dana HP44 Front and a Dana 60 rear from a 1977-79 F250. I'm planning on putting them under my XJ this spring. I don't wanna have to norrow the axles though. Can I get rims to make my rig only 2 or 3 inchs wider with the big 8 bolt hubs? I may not use these rear ends if I need to norrow them. Also is there anything else I should know about other good axles that I wouldn't have to norrow? Thanks for the help!

1989 XJ 6 1/2" Rusty's Short Arm Kit, 33x12.50x15 Mud Brutes, aw4, np231, RE SYE, Skyjacker drop pitman arm

#5 ·
cmotsvt said:
That is going to be one wide-track XJ, theres nothing you could do short of narrowing them. Is your mind set on having the D-60? Sounds like overkill to me, my buddy has D-60's on his 454 powered land cruiser FJ-60.
I think I invented putting widetrac axles under an XJ back in 77 or so. :rtft: :thumbsup:

#7 ·
Well I'm not completely set on putting a 60 in the rear. I just have two of these axle right now. I'm getting Bushwacker cutouts soon but that wouldn't make up the different. I want to stay with 15" rims right now. I know there there is a 1977 f100 front axle and a ford 9" rear out of the same truck. Would they be a better swap for me?

#9 ·
cmotsvt said:
Heepxj: And you didnt patent it? You must be kicking yourself now. You could have made a fortune.
I didn't need to do that, I already make more $ than god. :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.