Rules for entering the Cherokee of the Month (revised) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Rules for entering the Cherokee of the Month (revised)

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Closed Thread
Unread 08-31-2004, 12:51 AM   #1
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Rules for entering the Cherokee of the Month

as of 12/14/07 these rules no longer apply.

* revised 3/13/2006
revised 8/13/2004 - click this link to see what changed

"Cherokee of the Month" (COM) entries will only be accepted during certain times of the month (see below). There will be 2 separate classes or categories available depending on the level of modifications of the jeep. To keep things simple the 2 classes will be designated as follows -

Stocker Class - "Stocker" only because this class is limited to stock suspension height, UpCountry, or 2" budget boost lifts. Any other modification of the vehicle is allowed.

Modified Class - any Cherokee with 3" or more of suspension lift.

Submissions will be accepted on the 15th of each month. On or near the 15th, I will post a sticky announcing that submissions are being accepted and I will post the email address you are to send the submission to.

* The voting will be limited to 5 Cherokees in each class. The 5 Cherokees will be selected by me and will be chosen based on which Cherokee's I feel have the most chance of winning. This change is due to the large numbers of entries we've been having (over 10 in each class) and it is becoming hard to manage, especially when I have to spend several hours the night voting begins, to create the polls, check and link all the pics, copy and paste everyones info, and try not to screw it up! Limiting the number of XJs that make it into the polls, should also: 1) make it more special to those who are selected, and 2) make it easier and more enjoyable for those voting (they only have to vote on the top 5, rather than choose from 10+ entries).

Voting will begin on the 25th of each month and last until the end of the month when the winner will be announced.

To submit your own jeep for the contest you would need to simply send me:

1. Your JeepForum username (screen name)
2. List of specs and/or modifications (don't forget to include the year of your jeep)
3. the URLs to 2 pics of your jeep.

- Your pictures must be able to be posted on JeepForum which means they must be hosted somewhere on the internet that allows linking to their location (URL). Some members host their own pictures on their own websites. Others use public sites such as cardomain, montypics, photobucket, etc (there are several free sites that allow linking to images). Another option is to become a paying JeepForum member in which case you may host your pics on JeepForum.

- Your pics must be within the size limit of 800 x 600 or smaller.

Entries that do not follow the guidelines above will be rejected.

The winners of the COM will have a sticky thread dedicated to them until another COM is selected the following month. Other awards/benefits may be decided at a later date such as being automatically enetered into a JeepForum Calender etc.

If your Cherokee is voted a winner for the COM, it cannot be re-entered into the same class for a period of 12 months. But for example, if it has won in the "Stocker Class" and you have made modifications to it that would make it qualify for the "Modified Class", it may be entered again into the new class. If it is a winner in the "Modified Class" then it will not be allowed to enter again within a 12 month period.

Last edited by EricsXJ; 12-14-2007 at 11:42 PM..
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.