Rules for entering Cherokee of the Month - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Rules for entering Cherokee of the Month

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Closed Thread
Unread 12-14-2003, 03:22 AM   #1
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Rules for entering Cherokee of the Month

The rules for the Cherokee of the month have been revised. For current rules as of 8/13/04 see thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/rules-entering-cherokee-month-revised-102332/

These are the old rules which no longer apply.

1) "Cherokee of the Month" (COM) entries will be done by nominations only, and will only be accepted during certain times of the month (see below). There will be 2 separate classes or categories available depending on the level of modifications of the jeep. To keep things simple the 2 classes will be designated as follows -

Stocker Class - "Stocker" only because this class is limited to stock suspension height, UpCountry, or 2" budget boost lifts. Any other modification of the vehicle is allowed.

Modified Class - any Cherokee with 3" or more of suspension lift.

2) The process of submitting a nomination is as follows -

- You must send me an email (email address to be announced) with the persons name you wish to nominate. The nominee (person you are nominating) must be a registered JeepForum member.
- You must notify the nominee that you would like to submit his/her XJ for a nomination in the COM. Remind him/her that they must reply to me for the nomination to become valid (see next step).
- Nominee must send me an email stating that he accepts the nomination.

3) If you have been nominated, and have emailed me that you have accepted the nomination, you need to submit a vehicle description, list of modifications, and pics (no more than 2). You may send me links to pics already hosted on the web if you like or email me the pics and I will host them for you. If I will be hosting the pics for you, I reserve the right to resize the pics and/or reduce the number of kbytes. Prefered size is 640 x 480 or smaller. If you are hosting your own pics and they are larger than 640 x 480 then they will likely be displayed through a link instead of directly appearing in your entry. If you have any further questions about pics, please ask me at the time of your nomination.

4) You may not nominate yourself.

5) Nominations will be accepted beginning on the 15th of the month. (I will post a reminder to the forum on that date with the email to submit nominations to)

6) There is no limit to the number of entries that will be in the running each month but please only submit one nomination per class each month.

7) Voting will begin on the 25th of each month. No more entries will be accepted once voting begins.

8) Voting will end on the first of the month and the winners will be the entries with the most votes. There will be a winner assigned to the "Stocker Class" and a winner for the "Modified Class".

9) The winners of the COM will have a sticky thread dedicated to them until another COM is selected the following month. Other awards/benefits may be decided at a later date such as being automatically enetered into a JeepForum Calender etc.

10) If your Cherokee is voted a winner for the COM, it cannot be re-entered into the same class for a period of 12 months. But for example, if it has won in the "Stocker Class" and you have made modifications to it that would make it qualify for the "Modified Class", it may be entered again into the new class. If it is a winner in the "Modified Class" then it will not be allowed to enter again within a 12 month period.

The rules of the COM were discussed on the forum and agreed to by the members. For that discussion please see this thread.

Last edited by EricsXJ; 08-31-2004 at 01:01 AM..
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.