Rubicon Group?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Rubicon Group??

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-25-2004, 11:03 AM   #1
HardAsARock

Rubicon Group??

I had sent in my VIN to jeep for the build sheet and they emailed it to me and down in the list it said "Rubicon Group"?? I was wondering if any one knew what this was? Because I sure don't. I do know that Wranglers had Rubicon but Cherokee's? If it helps my xj is a 91. Any info would help..

Thanks,
Katy B.

HardAsARock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2004, 02:32 PM   #2
dogtired

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardAsARock
I had sent in my VIN to jeep for the build sheet and they emailed it to me and down in the list it said "Rubicon Group"?? I was wondering if any one knew what this was? Because I sure don't. I do know that Wranglers had Rubicon but Cherokee's? If it helps my xj is a 91. Any info would help..

Thanks,
Katy B.
Hi, I would like to get a build sheet for my Cherokee as well, is there a contact number or email that I access to? Thanks for any help.
dogtired is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2004, 03:47 PM   #3
XJeepness

Whats a build sheet :
Unread 08-25-2004, 03:54 PM   #4
cyka65

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtired
Hi, I would like to get a build sheet for my Cherokee as well, is there a contact number or email that I access to? Thanks for any help.
Go to this website
http://www.jeep.com/wccsapp/universa...ull&category=U

Fill out the info and in the lower box ask them for a build sheet from your VIN. Works wonders!

Soon:
RigidCo Bumper
C4x4 Rock Rails
Front Hidden Hitch
cyka65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2004, 03:56 PM   #5
VIVI

Build sheet is all the specifics of your jeep that came from the factory. All options, color codes, date and time it was supposed to be off the assembly line, actual time off the line...blah blah blah.

Now, here is the other way of getting your build sheet. They is one stuck somewhere in your vehicle. I know that a my 1970 cougar has one stuck inside the drivers seat somewhere. Though there are some companies/people who will get a full report for you ie for FORD Marti Report which includes dealer added options too. Some plants hide them under carpets, in the headliner, just about anywhere. SO, you can call or e-mail Chrysler/Jeep and get your build sheet without ripping apart your rig looking for it.

Hope that helps a bit.

Marc
Unread 08-25-2004, 04:39 PM   #6
HardAsARock

Yah I know GM used to put the build sheets in the drivers seat too. But anyways, I sent Chrysler another email about the rubicon group option...So we sit and wait. Unless any of you know what it is? Here is part of the email:

Dear Katy:

Thank you for your email to DaimlerChrysler Motors Corporation regarding
your Cherokee.

According to our records, your vehicle was equipped from the factory
with the following:

Seats - Leather Trimmed Buckets
Trailer Tow Group
Monotone Paint
Rubicon Group <----------------------
130 Amp Alternator
Power Front Disc/Rear Drum Brakes
Seats - Low Back Bucket
Seats - Reclining Front
Seat - Rear Folding
Carpet - Floor
Carpet - Cargo Compartment
Cargo Tie Down Loops
Skid Strips - Cargo Floor
Floor Mats - Front & Rear
Spare Tire Cover
Cover - Cargo Compartment
Console - Full Length Floor
Console - Overhead
Transmission - All 4-Speed Automatic
Transmission- 4-Speed Automatic, AW4
Torque Converter - Lock-Up
Selec-Trac Full Time 4WD System
Shift Lever - Automatic, Floor Mount
Axle - Front, Dana M30/181MM
Axle Ratio - 3.55
Axle - Rear, Dana 35C/194MM
Engine - 4.0L Power Tech I-6
Windshield Glass - Tinted
Glass - Front Door Tinted

I printed all the options out and filled up 2 whole pages! From the outside my xj looks like pops white briarwood, but it's got the towing package and all.

Oh and I don't know if jeeps call them "build sheets" because with different companies they are different things, like third and fourth gen Camaro's and Firebirds have "RPO" codes which are usually stickered in the glove box. On my jeep they were on the firewall closest to the left fender.

Katy B.
Unread 08-25-2004, 04:51 PM   #7
ctavel
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Purely speculation, but does it have skid plates? Maybe thats the Rubicon Package. But I have to be honest, I've never heard of that package.
ctavel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2004, 06:55 PM   #8
HardAsARock

Nope no skid plates. Yeah to be honest...I've never heard of it either, but thats what chrysler emailed me.?? I know about the Rubicon Wranglers, But never heard of the Cherokees. I dont know.
Unread 08-25-2004, 06:59 PM   #9
XJeepness

Cool now i feel smarter!!! Thanks for the info
Unread 08-26-2004, 11:58 AM   #10
HardAsARock

Lol you're welcome anytime.

Katy
Unread 08-26-2004, 01:25 PM   #11
XJ99
Draft Line

2006 XK Commander 

Yea I have 2 of them. I think they're called Vehicle Summary Reports. One of them shows all the vehicle options. The other one shows everything from the original owner, the warranty information, and any recalls on the vehicle. BTW, it says Ronald McDonald was the original owner of my Jeep.
Unread 08-26-2004, 01:38 PM   #12
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

'Rubicon Group' is just an options set, not to be confused with the Rubicon edition TJ's. I've generally heard that the 'Rubicon group' was the same as the OffRoad/UpCountry option set, which would have includes front/rear two hooks, full skid plates, Trac-Lock, etc.

That spec sheet lists and extremely high output alternator though, especially for a '91. I think the 'stock' alt back in '95 was only a 90-amp unit. I'm guessing that was part of either the Tow Package or the Rubicon Group option.
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2004, 07:00 PM   #13
HardAsARock

I didn't see any skid plates and there are no hooks front or rear. But when I took it in some gravel and punched it, there were 2 tire marks (Trac-lock). Whats funny is that it had driving lights on it and the guy who owned before me had to get them taken off for what seemed to be Maryland inspection. This guy took it to klipengers Automotive in Hampsted,MD and totally got ripped off. He put like $3,000 into this thing and then sold it! they charged him $190 for a starter!(he had all the reciepts with the jeep when I bought it. But what im wondering is why he would sell such a loaded jeep!! I've had for i think 2+ weeks now and the jeep is fine! (knock on wood) . But anyways thanks for the info least now I know what the option may have consisted of!

Thanks,
Katy b.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.