Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Rubicon Express 3.5" Super Flex ?'s and a Steering Stabilizer

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Highway 4x4 
#1 ·
Hey. I just finished installing my RE 3.5" Super Flex Lift on my 98' XJ Limited. First off, it looks really high for 3.5 inches. Can anyone tell me the height from the ground to the top of your fender flares with this Lift Kit and 31" tires? Mine measures just about 37" in the Front and 36.25" in the Rear. Does it settle at all?

The tech part, What steering stabilizer/dampener do you reccommend? Will post a thread on the jeep later in the week. Looks like its gonna snow soon here and its dark out now.

Thanks

#2 ·
the steering stabilizer is not really a big deal. They only really are necessary when you are using 35" tires or higher. I have the Rancho RS5000 on mine and mine also has the RE 3.5" superflex. I never measured mine but yours is probably sitting at 4.25" ..its always a little higher when you first put it on.

#3 ·
I just installed my Re 3.5 Super flex 2 weeks ago, and The front has settled a tad bit lower, but your right it does look like its lifted around 4 or more inches. It definitely sits high, which is good lol. And the ride gets smoother as well after a week or so.

#4 ·
Ya the ride is very nice with the MonoTube shocks and full leaf packs. But i do have a lot of driveline vibes. Planning on an SYE, or a better word is probably saving. But a transfer case drop should get me from home to work until then.

#6 ·
The lift will definately settle, and RE lifts are known for netting a little more than what is advertised.

As for the steering stabilizer, if you have an alignment done after your lift (usually a must), then you shouldn't really need to worry about the SS. The SS usually just hides problems, and if you're all squared up in terms of alignment then it really doesn't/shouldn't make too much of a difference.

Oh, almost forgot..... POST PICS!!!!

#7 ·
Ya it was aligned yesterday. Rides nice, and the steering is dead on now. Should wash it by monday and have pics then :) with a list of what was done.

#8 ·
Measuring from the ground is inconsistant so an accurate measurement of true lift cannot be attained. Measure from the center of the wheel hub to the bottom of the stock flares, this way you only get suspension measurement without accounting for inconsistancy of tire size. Stock measurements are 17.5" front and 17" rear. All the RE 3.5" leaf pack kits I have installed for customers were about 4.5" lift front and 5.5" lift rear, and the kit will settle a little depending on how much weight you put in it and how much flexing.

As for the steering stabilizer, I have 5" lift with 35's and 168,000 miles on my stock stabilizer.

#9 ·
Stock measurements are 17.5" front and 17" rear.
I just measured 22 inches in the Front from the center of the hub to the top of the fender and 21.75" in the Rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.