Rough Idle after changing Slave Cylinder - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Rough Idle after changing Slave Cylinder

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 11-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
TNtoVA
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Rough Idle after changing Slave Cylinder

Just bought a '88 Cherokee I6 4.0L, with a "wonderful" BA10/5 tranny. The engine performance was great until I changed the leaking slave cylinder. I changed all the fluids when the tranny was out. I know my way around a wrench or two and was not concerned about the process. However, when I put it back together, the clutch worked great but now the engine is running very rough (low idle, stalling and guzzling gas). Also, the speedometer is not working (may just not be positioned properly, I haven't checked). I just changed the crankshaft sensor (OEM) and there was no change. I checked the plug wires and all appear to be good. Surely, I must be missing something simple. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TNtoVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
OEburntpiston
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds to me like a vacuum leak. I would double check all your hoses and connectors, don't assume just verify.
OEburntpiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
TNtoVA
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Found the vacuum leak. Thanks for the help.
TNtoVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.