rough country - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > rough country

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 11-25-2003, 11:51 AM   #1
wildbillxj

rough country

I spoke with ken Shupe the guy who will be installing the rough country 4.5 inch lift. He said that he has never had any problems with the Rough Country AAL sagging. He also said is the reason in sags is when inexpirenced people install the lifts by themselves. So i guess i will be going with the rough country lift.

wildbillxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2003, 12:36 PM   #2
Gacherokee
1997 XJ Cherokee 

One- AAL will sag over a period of time!! Two- Of course he is going to tell you that, so that he gets paid to install the kit!! Spring packs ride alot better than AAL's and perform better!!! Remember that you always get what you pay 4!!
1997 Black XJ Sport 4x4, 1" Shackle/coil spacer lift, Ram Brush guard w/ 6in spot lights, Smittybilt Nerf bars, Class III Hidden Hitch, Elliptical Driving Lamps, Prime Wheels#234 15x8.5, 30x9.50r15, BFG AT's, JVC CD player, Alpine V12 Amp, 1-12in RockfordFosgate Subs, 5-1/4 Rockford Fosgate component speakers in doors & sound bar, Euro-spoiler, Pacesetter Cat-Back, Optima Red Top battery, HID Headlamp Conversion, Gabriel Hijacker Air Shocks on rear axle
Gacherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2003, 02:24 PM   #3
Maybe

I agree, AAL always sag over time, but you can run the AAL until you can afford the rear leafs.
Unread 11-25-2003, 10:01 PM   #4
oldblue

Of course the guy is gonna tell you that! What were you expecting to hear... "you can do this yourself for a lot cheaper than what I'm gonna charge you"? Hell no! He knows you'll be back when your AAL is saggin and he'll make another dollar off of you.

Oldblue
oldblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2003, 11:08 PM   #5
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

The reason for the sagging is that the AAL is the only new leaf in the pack. That one leaf has the job of maintaining a the increased arch of the pack. The older leafs are not helping enough to keep the AAL arched.

With new packs, the leafs are all helping to maintain teh correct arch of the lift. A full pack will even eventually sag, but it would be years before anything like that of a AAL.

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2003, 05:19 AM   #6
HelicalRodeo

take measurements and get him to put that in writing!!! That'll change his tune.
HelicalRodeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.