Rough Country - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Rough Country

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-17-2007, 12:17 PM   #1
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Rough Country

I have posted this in the Wrangler forum as well but I want to here from the xj guys since it is truley the best off road vehicle ( but dont tell those tj guys i said that)

I would like to here question, comments, likes and dislikes about Rough Country Lifts for a XJ and I would perfer personal expeirences not a friend of a friend experiences. My number one goal is Customer Service and you can see that by going to the link below. We as a company have grown and are continully growing and we like to here feedback from those who are out there with our product. Please feel free to post anything about our product you want and I will respond and correct if possible anything that is wrong. One thing to please keep in mind is we are not in the market for extreme off road, but we try to be equal in the market for daily driven, weekend trailed jeeps in comparison with other mfg.

Thanks Jason

here is a link and as you can see i am not just trying to sell our product but really take care of the customers

http://208.101.10.250/~naxjaor1/foru...d.php?t=921218

Rough Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 12:25 PM   #2
Schmeidler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I know it sounds trivial, but I think you should include shock boots with your lift kits. They are wonderful and competitively priced.
Schmeidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 12:29 PM   #3
ktmracer419
1997 XJ Cherokee 

trackbar drop brackets on the 4.5" kit is the cheesiest thing known to mankind. the thing is a rock magnet and if not welded to the axle those bolts will eventually loosen up.

nicer shock options perhaps?

maybe some control arms with a high misalingment joint on one end. (much like rubicon express or rock krawler)

a longarm option

a more complete kit, maybe a full trackbar for the 4.5" kit. extended brake hoses.

heavy duty trackbar options with a mount. Having a tie rod end for the adjustablilty part isnt the greatest/strongest idea.
35" beadlocked km2's
3" midarmed
more bells and whistles than you can shake a stick at
ktmracer419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 12:30 PM   #4
NinjaofDoom
1990 XJ Cherokee 

i got shock boots.

no big complaints for me. it seems like my shocks are going bad but that might be my driving style.

i agree on the drop bracket i kept braking the bolt off and getting dw.
Unread 08-17-2007, 01:42 PM   #5
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmracer419
trackbar drop brackets on the 4.5" kit is the cheesiest thing known to mankind. the thing is a rock magnet and if not welded to the axle those bolts will eventually loosen up.

nicer shock options perhaps?

maybe some control arms with a high misalingment joint on one end. (much like rubicon express or rock krawler)

a longarm option

a more complete kit, maybe a full trackbar for the 4.5" kit. extended brake hoses.

heavy duty trackbar options with a mount. Having a tie rod end for the adjustablilty part isnt the greatest/strongest idea.
I agree on the t-bar brkt and we are in the process of selling an adj t-bar with hiems instead of tie rod end also it should have a better bend i it
the complete kit has been available and it sells for 799.00 it comes complete with t-bar, adj uca and lca, front and rear stainless lines, front and rear springs, pitman arm, sway bar discos and t case drop and all four nitro 9000 series shocks

and 30 days out or so on our new 2.2 series shocks
Unread 08-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #6
jeepinsane89
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I have RC 4.5" lift it and it drives great on road.

Thats all I have to say.
2000 XJ Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0 with 4.5" Rough Country Lift Kit with Front coil springs, front lower control arms, transfer case drop kit, front track bar drop bracket, swaybar links, brake line relocating brackets, 4 RC Hydro 8000 series shocks, and rear add-a-leafs, RC's Steering Stabilizer, 32" inch BF Goodrich All-Terrains, Cragar Soft 8's 15x8 rim, Flowmaster Super 40 Series Muffler with new 2.5" tubing all around, Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip, Set of Hella 500 Driving lights (on bumper), K & N Air Intake.
jeepinsane89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 02:21 PM   #7
jeepjack1995
1995 XJ Cherokee 

ive got the 4.5" lift as well and i love how it rides. i agree with the trac bar statement. all the bolts on mine come off except for one. that made for an interestion ride home( wasnt able to turrn right.) but the customer service was rockin. i got my kit in 4 days. thats pretty damn good.
jeepjack1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 05:34 PM   #8
vtjeeps

4.5 Lift

i also installed a 4.5 in my wifes 2000 xj its a ok kit good for the money but they sent my wrong ubolts the first time and it dose not drive down the road well at all im told now i need adjustable control arms to get the castor rite ,im not happy about that its seems endless .. what are your thoughts ..
vtjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 05:43 PM   #9
olds442
1999 XJ Cherokee 

ive been running your 6.5" kit for almost 3 years now, i love it. It hasnt sagged a bit and rides pretty good. The things i would include would def be longer brakelines. Only problem im starting to run into is the control arms, they are getting pretty bad. Im soon going to switch to another setup but am def keeping the rest of the suspension. Another small thing is the discos, i hated them, they worked but i hated them, i switched to JKS because i was having the hardest time getting those damn holes to line up. Other than that, im happy. A long arm kit would def be a thing yall should look into, with a 6.5" kit most people would really look into it.
VT
olds442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 10:16 AM   #10
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinUpXJ
ive been running your 6.5" kit for almost 3 years now, i love it. It hasnt sagged a bit and rides pretty good. The things i would include would def be longer brakelines. Only problem im starting to run into is the control arms, they are getting pretty bad. Im soon going to switch to another setup but am def keeping the rest of the suspension. Another small thing is the discos, i hated them, they worked but i hated them, i switched to JKS because i was having the hardest time getting those damn holes to line up. Other than that, im happy. A long arm kit would def be a thing yall should look into, with a 6.5" kit most people would really look into it.
we have tossed around the idea of a long are but we strive on developing 100% bolt on kits and that is not poss for a long arm, but we are making some caontrol arm drops for my xj so we will see where that goes.
we are relasing new rubber bushngs for the ca but it will be a while we need to deplete our inventory of poly first
Unread 08-18-2007, 12:46 PM   #11
Slowride63
XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMUS99XJ1
I agree on the t-bar brkt and we are in the process of selling an adj t-bar with hiems instead of tie rod end also it should have a better bend i it
the complete kit has been available and it sells for 799.00 it comes complete with t-bar, adj uca and lca, front and rear stainless lines, front and rear springs, pitman arm, sway bar discos and t case drop and all four nitro 9000 series shocks

and 30 days out or so on our new 2.2 series shocks
How is this new track bar design going to compare to the old one as far as strength? The reason I ask is that I purchased an RC track bar through JC whitney about six months ago, and it bent on me the third time out. I have ran Rough Country parts on many different rigs for many years, and this is the first failure I have experienced. Is this new track bar available now? If so shoot me a price quote, I might give it a try.
[COLOR="Red"]Red Jeep Club #364[/COLOR]
[COLOR="White"]Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club #101[/COLOR]

Last edited by Slowride63; 08-18-2007 at 09:49 PM..
Slowride63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 03:18 PM   #12
Yfz450954x
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I like my 6.5
longer brake lines
my kit didnt come with a tc drop!
but its a nice kit....
Micky T Classic 2 wheels
Yfz450954x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 04:21 PM   #13
BigPapaChuckXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have the 4.5" lift with full leaf packs. I've installed it about 3 weeks ago and so far I like it. I to did not get the correct u-bolts in my order. I had to buy some from a local auto store. Didn't have time to wait. I needed them ASAP otherwise would have called you up. I think it would be helpful to have a more detailed instruction guide as it was my first time doing it and had to spend some time trying to figure out some things. If I had a better install guide it would have saved at least a couple of hours.
BigPapaChuckXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2007, 07:03 PM   #14
Southerntracker
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I have a Rough Country 2" spacer/shackle lift with the hydro 8000 shocks. It went on very easily and the ride is smooth. Haven't had it on the trail yet (due to a tree blocking the road to my hunting property) but I've been very pleased with the on-road ride.

96 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2wd w/ 2" lift on 31's, street rig
89 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4, future trail rig

Mid-Carolina Jeepers Secretary
Southerntracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2007, 02:37 PM   #15
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowride63
How is this new track bar design going to compare to the old one as far as strength? The reason I ask is that I purchased an RC track bar through JC whitney about six months ago, and it bent on me the third time out. I have ran Rough Country parts on many different rigs for many years, and this is the first failure I have experienced. Is this new track bar available now? If so shoot me a price quote, I might give it a try.

we have not released the new t bar yet but it will be stronger with a better joint and as of right now there is no price on it but i will post when available

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.