Rough Country - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 08-17-2007, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Rough Country
Vendor
 
Rough Country's Avatar
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Tennessee
Posts: 706
Rough Country

I have posted this in the Wrangler forum as well but I want to here from the xj guys since it is truley the best off road vehicle ( but dont tell those tj guys i said that)

I would like to here question, comments, likes and dislikes about Rough Country Lifts for a XJ and I would perfer personal expeirences not a friend of a friend experiences. My number one goal is Customer Service and you can see that by going to the link below. We as a company have grown and are continully growing and we like to here feedback from those who are out there with our product. Please feel free to post anything about our product you want and I will respond and correct if possible anything that is wrong. One thing to please keep in mind is we are not in the market for extreme off road, but we try to be equal in the market for daily driven, weekend trailed jeeps in comparison with other mfg.


Thanks Jason

here is a link and as you can see i am not just trying to sell our product but really take care of the customers

http://208.101.10.250/~naxjaor1/foru...d.php?t=921218

Rough Country is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 Old 08-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Schmeidler
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 233
I know it sounds trivial, but I think you should include shock boots with your lift kits. They are wonderful and competitively priced.
Schmeidler is offline  
post #3 of 25 Old 08-17-2007, 12:29 PM
ktmracer419
Registered User
 
ktmracer419's Avatar
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 3,511
trackbar drop brackets on the 4.5" kit is the cheesiest thing known to mankind. the thing is a rock magnet and if not welded to the axle those bolts will eventually loosen up.

nicer shock options perhaps?

maybe some control arms with a high misalingment joint on one end. (much like rubicon express or rock krawler)

a longarm option

a more complete kit, maybe a full trackbar for the 4.5" kit. extended brake hoses.


heavy duty trackbar options with a mount. Having a tie rod end for the adjustablilty part isnt the greatest/strongest idea.

97 xj
44 front, detroit, alloyed
60 rear, detroit, 35 spline alloyed
35" beadlocked km2's
3" midarmed
more bells and whistles than you can shake a stick at
ktmracer419 is offline  
post #4 of 25 Old 08-17-2007, 12:30 PM
NinjaofDoom
Registered User
1990 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 568
i got shock boots.

no big complaints for me. it seems like my shocks are going bad but that might be my driving style.

i agree on the drop bracket i kept braking the bolt off and getting dw.

There was the episode where I threw my shoe at the enemy, like this!.... my foots cold.
NinjaofDoom is offline  
post #5 of 25 Old 08-17-2007, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Rough Country
Vendor
 
Rough Country's Avatar
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Tennessee
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmracer419
trackbar drop brackets on the 4.5" kit is the cheesiest thing known to mankind. the thing is a rock magnet and if not welded to the axle those bolts will eventually loosen up.

nicer shock options perhaps?

maybe some control arms with a high misalingment joint on one end. (much like rubicon express or rock krawler)

a longarm option

a more complete kit, maybe a full trackbar for the 4.5" kit. extended brake hoses.


heavy duty trackbar options with a mount. Having a tie rod end for the adjustablilty part isnt the greatest/strongest idea.
I agree on the t-bar brkt and we are in the process of selling an adj t-bar with hiems instead of tie rod end also it should have a better bend i it
the complete kit has been available and it sells for 799.00 it comes complete with t-bar, adj uca and lca, front and rear stainless lines, front and rear springs, pitman arm, sway bar discos and t case drop and all four nitro 9000 series shocks

and 30 days out or so on our new 2.2 series shocks
Rough Country is offline  
post #6 of 25 Old 08-17-2007, 02:07 PM
jeepinsane89
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: raleigh, nc
Posts: 183
I have RC 4.5" lift it and it drives great on road.

Thats all I have to say.

2000 XJ Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0 with 4.5" Rough Country Lift Kit with Front coil springs, front lower control arms, transfer case drop kit, front track bar drop bracket, swaybar links, brake line relocating brackets, 4 RC Hydro 8000 series shocks, and rear add-a-leafs, RC's Steering Stabilizer, 32" inch BF Goodrich All-Terrains, Cragar Soft 8's 15x8 rim, Flowmaster Super 40 Series Muffler with new 2.5" tubing all around, Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip, Set of Hella 500 Driving lights (on bumper), K & N Air Intake.
jeepinsane89 is offline  
post #7 of 25 Old 08-17-2007, 02:21 PM
jeepjack1995
Registered User
1991 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mt City
Posts: 573
ive got the 4.5" lift as well and i love how it rides. i agree with the trac bar statement. all the bolts on mine come off except for one. that made for an interestion ride home( wasnt able to turrn right.) but the customer service was rockin. i got my kit in 4 days. thats pretty damn good.
jeepjack1995 is offline  
post #8 of 25 Old 08-17-2007, 05:34 PM
vtjeeps
Registered User
 
vtjeeps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: burlington
Posts: 217
4.5 Lift

i also installed a 4.5 in my wifes 2000 xj its a ok kit good for the money but they sent my wrong ubolts the first time and it dose not drive down the road well at all im told now i need adjustable control arms to get the castor rite ,im not happy about that its seems endless .. what are your thoughts ..
vtjeeps is offline  
post #9 of 25 Old 08-17-2007, 05:43 PM
olds442
Registered User
 
olds442's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Williamsburg,VA
Posts: 4,115
ive been running your 6.5" kit for almost 3 years now, i love it. It hasnt sagged a bit and rides pretty good. The things i would include would def be longer brakelines. Only problem im starting to run into is the control arms, they are getting pretty bad. Im soon going to switch to another setup but am def keeping the rest of the suspension. Another small thing is the discos, i hated them, they worked but i hated them, i switched to JKS because i was having the hardest time getting those damn holes to line up. Other than that, im happy. A long arm kit would def be a thing yall should look into, with a 6.5" kit most people would really look into it.

Family Wheelin...
Dad- '08 JK Rubicon- Stock, BB and 33s coming
Sister- '07 FJ Cruiser- Rear locker, BFG A/Ts
VT
olds442 is offline  
post #10 of 25 Old 08-18-2007, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Rough Country
Vendor
 
Rough Country's Avatar
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Tennessee
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinUpXJ
ive been running your 6.5" kit for almost 3 years now, i love it. It hasnt sagged a bit and rides pretty good. The things i would include would def be longer brakelines. Only problem im starting to run into is the control arms, they are getting pretty bad. Im soon going to switch to another setup but am def keeping the rest of the suspension. Another small thing is the discos, i hated them, they worked but i hated them, i switched to JKS because i was having the hardest time getting those damn holes to line up. Other than that, im happy. A long arm kit would def be a thing yall should look into, with a 6.5" kit most people would really look into it.
we have tossed around the idea of a long are but we strive on developing 100% bolt on kits and that is not poss for a long arm, but we are making some caontrol arm drops for my xj so we will see where that goes.
we are relasing new rubber bushngs for the ca but it will be a while we need to deplete our inventory of poly first
Rough Country is offline  
post #11 of 25 Old 08-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Slowride63
Registered User
 
Slowride63's Avatar
XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sheridan, Wyoming
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMUS99XJ1
I agree on the t-bar brkt and we are in the process of selling an adj t-bar with hiems instead of tie rod end also it should have a better bend i it
the complete kit has been available and it sells for 799.00 it comes complete with t-bar, adj uca and lca, front and rear stainless lines, front and rear springs, pitman arm, sway bar discos and t case drop and all four nitro 9000 series shocks

and 30 days out or so on our new 2.2 series shocks
How is this new track bar design going to compare to the old one as far as strength? The reason I ask is that I purchased an RC track bar through JC whitney about six months ago, and it bent on me the third time out. I have ran Rough Country parts on many different rigs for many years, and this is the first failure I have experienced. Is this new track bar available now? If so shoot me a price quote, I might give it a try.

88 Cherokee. 4.5". 33's
90 Cherokee. 2" BB . 31's
97 Grand Cherokee. Stock for now
Red Jeep Club #364
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club #101

Last edited by Slowride63; 08-18-2007 at 09:49 PM.
Slowride63 is offline  
post #12 of 25 Old 08-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Yfz450954x
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 102
I like my 6.5
longer brake lines
my kit didnt come with a tc drop!
but its a nice kit....

2000 Cherokee Sport.
6.5" lift
33" mudkings
Micky T Classic 2 wheels
Yfz450954x is offline  
post #13 of 25 Old 08-18-2007, 04:21 PM
BigPapaChuckXJ
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sorento, Illinois
Posts: 38
I have the 4.5" lift with full leaf packs. I've installed it about 3 weeks ago and so far I like it. I to did not get the correct u-bolts in my order. I had to buy some from a local auto store. Didn't have time to wait. I needed them ASAP otherwise would have called you up. I think it would be helpful to have a more detailed instruction guide as it was my first time doing it and had to spend some time trying to figure out some things. If I had a better install guide it would have saved at least a couple of hours.
BigPapaChuckXJ is offline  
post #14 of 25 Old 08-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Southerntracker
Registered User
 
Southerntracker's Avatar
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 216
I have a Rough Country 2" spacer/shackle lift with the hydro 8000 shocks. It went on very easily and the ride is smooth. Haven't had it on the trail yet (due to a tree blocking the road to my hunting property) but I've been very pleased with the on-road ride.

http://www.usjeeps.com

96 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2wd w/ 2" lift on 31's, street rig
89 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4, future trail rig

Mid-Carolina Jeepers Secretary
Southerntracker is offline  
post #15 of 25 Old 08-20-2007, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Rough Country
Vendor
 
Rough Country's Avatar
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Tennessee
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowride63
How is this new track bar design going to compare to the old one as far as strength? The reason I ask is that I purchased an RC track bar through JC whitney about six months ago, and it bent on me the third time out. I have ran Rough Country parts on many different rigs for many years, and this is the first failure I have experienced. Is this new track bar available now? If so shoot me a price quote, I might give it a try.

we have not released the new t bar yet but it will be stronger with a better joint and as of right now there is no price on it but i will post when available
Rough Country is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Rough Country mudman31890 XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 1 12-03-2008 01:23 PM
rough country?? fisher446 XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 5 11-29-2004 02:55 PM
Rough Country or BB? mbood82 XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 31 03-27-2004 05:53 PM
Rough Country variable XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 1 03-23-2004 01:28 PM
4.5 rough country Retardriot XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 4 09-07-2002 06:39 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome