Rough Country 4.5" Completed!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Rough Country 4.5" Completed!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-23-2002, 11:39 PM   #1
Tom Rex

Rough Country 4.5" Completed!!!

Hey, i finaly got my lift that i bought on ebay. 500 got me all i need, and i just finished it off today...took me a total of 6 hours in my buddy's shop. The hardest thing was the track bar...which i need to get a new one (too short). I also just purchased a dropped pitman arm...have yet to put in. I will post pics tomarow. Rides like a mack, but 4 wheeld it tonight to "tweak" everything to my specs!! I do have a question...when i turn left or right, it feels like something "clunks" in the back...didnt do it before. Is this my shackles? Is there anything i can do? Thanks. Anyone who buys this lift should use a shop with lots of tools, or a big garrage..its not a 3 hour project...ps i didnt break the shock bolts...a little PB and an impact...zziiippp!! Good luck guys. Pics soon

85 XJ TurboDiesel. 2.1l Renault engine, 4dr, 4x4, 5speed. It's rather embarassing to look at, but I still can't sell it...too weird.

My pulling machine: 07.5 Silverado 2500HD, Duramax/Allison, LTZ...Red/Black
Tom Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2002, 12:33 AM   #2
firegod33
1977 CJ5 

Glad to hear you got lifted. Sorry to hear it was Rough Country. I made the mistake of getting the RC 3". Keep an eye on your coils! Both of mine snapped in half on the interstate! Mine isn't an isolated case! Good luck. Hope you have better luck than I did with RC.
Unread 03-24-2002, 07:33 AM   #3
joeldavid
2000 XJ Cherokee 

How did your 98 do with the lift as far as drive shaft vibes go, you don't mention doing a sye. You clunks could be the bar pins in the shocks or the shocks bottoming out before you hit the bump stop.
Joel
joeldavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2002, 04:37 PM   #4
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">..its not a 3 hour project.. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">... and mine wasn't anywhere near the 8 hr project as stated either

Congrats / send pics!

EricsXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2002, 12:58 AM   #5
Tom Rex

Sorry guys, pics are on the way!! was out 4x4'n all day..no time for cameras....this lift seems to be passing every one of my tests!! I'm having a blast and getting looks. I took the pics, now i just have to post 'em. I didnt put an SYE on...heres the deal: the first day it vibrated at 30-40 mph but no other time (80-90 ok). Today, after the springs have setteled (thanks to me) no more vibes...at all!! i'm excited. I will watch the springs..tahnks for the advice. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks guys..pics soon, i promise!!

85 XJ TurboDiesel. 2.1l Renault engine, 4dr, 4x4, 5speed. It's rather embarassing to look at, but I still can't sell it...too weird.

Unread 03-27-2002, 01:15 PM   #6
Tom Rex

hey...take a look....http://pages.prodigy.net/htr it will take a minute to load...but they work.

&lt;img src="http://pages.prodigy.net/htr/DSC0039.jpg"&gt;

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.