Rough Country - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Rough Country

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-15-2006, 07:13 PM   #1
jeepcomanche88

Rough Country

dose any one have a Rough Country 3" lift on there xj? my friend wants to do it to his but dose not have much money so i was just wondering is it a good lift or not? also he wont be doing much offroading just the sledom wow were really bored lets go hit up some trails.

thanks, brock

d35 in the rear w/ detroit tru track and 4.10 gears

photos here
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2160304
jeepcomanche88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2006, 07:25 PM   #2
jeeper01

I dont have the 3" kit but I do have the 4.5" kit and it is ok but it isn't as complete as I would have liked, my suggestion is save your pennies and in time get a Rubicon Express, it comes with things that isn't of major importance but are def. good to have such as end links (or discos) and brakelines instead of the crappy extension bracket.
Unread 11-15-2006, 08:50 PM   #3
ebk04

ive had my 3" rough country lift for about 3 years now and it has had zero problems. the ride is harsher than stock but for the price it has performed great and i have no complaints. My lift is the aal and it has sagged a little in the rear but is still level and looks great. if i do another i will get an re but at the time it was a great deal and if in the same situation id do it again
Unread 11-15-2006, 09:37 PM   #4
knatdog55
1990 XJ Cherokee 

i have the 4.5 as well and i've had no problems. i spent a tid bit more on brake lines and disco's, the disco's aren't real great but they do the job, a lot better than running no front swaybar or having to disconnect the regular links every time. it does ride a bit rough but i don't mind it at all....like others have said, when i do a new lift i'll go with something a bit higher ended, but for the time being the RC lift has served me well

[url]www.tgc4x4.com[/url]

[QUOTE=Name Protected]Should a Compass ever actually see any offroad conditions, they magnitude of attraction would be so great that it would surely burst into flames causing the driver to vear into the nearest tree...this would cause massive forest fires that would eventually lead to the burning down of many houses, and possibly members of this forum.[/QUOTE]
knatdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2006, 11:20 PM   #5
91xjgawes

i would say Rusty's before rough country that just my opinion.

2001 xj- 2 inch bb moabs

1998 zj 5.2- 245/75's moabs
91xjgawes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2006, 11:26 PM   #6
olds442
1999 XJ Cherokee 

dont have the 3in, but have the 6.5 haha but i like it, the 3 in lift does leave out some good things, but the 6.5 comes with everything but brake lines
VT
olds442 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2006, 11:29 PM   #7
jeepcomanche88

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91xjgawes
i would say Rusty's before rough country that just my opinion.
now that he found out about rusty's he seems to think he wants them now
d35 in the rear w/ detroit tru track and 4.10 gears

photos here
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2160304
jeepcomanche88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.