Roselyn aka Rosie --- (a no-go for 56k'ers!) - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Roselyn aka Rosie --- (a no-go for 56k'ers!)

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-20-2010, 05:11 PM   #46
franknstn_cj5
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Alright so a few short-term mod's... This weekend -

- Take off stock fenders, and trim ever-so-little (1.5" or so?)
- Take care of all the fluids, blah de blah
- Spraypaint the underneath (no bright colors here, just good ol' black to keep the salt water out!)
- Start drawing up measurements for a cage

As far as the cage idea goes, I'm knocking around the idea of doing one - probably a "hyrbid", as they call it, with some strong triangulation over the roof with a lot of tube, and then tying it in under the front quarter panels, and a few spots out back - your basic cage design I guess. The reason I want to do this is because I'd like to turn this into a topless beach-cruiser type.

What's a well recommended tube bender? Anyone?

franknstn_cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #47
franknstn_cj5
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Oh and I'm shopping around the island for some S10 springs - yeah, I want to step it up to 5", in the form of some S10 leaves in back and a 1" spring spacer up front. Nothing amazing, I'd just like a bit more room without hacking my fenders apart
Unread 08-20-2010, 06:33 PM   #48
CTeunuch
1999 XJ Cherokee 

JD Squared, Inc.
99XJ 4.0/AW4/HP30/8.25 build coming soon...
www.undergroundjeeps.net
CTeunuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #49
2doorxj

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I own the model 3 JD2 bender, with a 1.5 inch die (4.5 inch radius). Shipped to my door it was 617 or something like that. Although it will probably be more because your in hawaii. It is a great bender and does good bends.

BTW ( it is a hand bender, so it does require some muscle)

2012 Cherokee of the Year
2doorxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2010, 11:31 PM   #50
2doorxj

1998 XJ Cherokee 

BTW the jeep is looking great, i must say.

2012 Cherokee of the Year
2doorxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 12:58 AM   #51
franknstn_cj5
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTeunuch View Post

I checked em out, and they definitely look like what I'm looking for - only problem is, I'm going to be paying about the same for shipping as I will be for the actual project. Uggghhhhhhh stupid Oahu. Anyone wanna take a vacation out here, and bring me a tube bender in their luggage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2doorxj View Post
BTW the jeep is looking great, i must say.

Thanks 2doorxj. That red 2-door is exactly what I was looking for when I bought this one... grrrrrr....

But anyways! My best bet is going to be to go ahead with my other projects for her, and wait until a tube bender can come into my possession by some other means, or I save up (and by save up, I mean convince my wife to let me spend that much).

General Lee paintjob, anyone?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.