Roselyn aka Rosie --- (a no-go for 56k'ers!) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Roselyn aka Rosie --- (a no-go for 56k'ers!)

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-17-2010, 08:06 PM   #16
justanotherjpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by franknstn_cj5 View Post
I see yeah that does make a lot more sense. Does that mount into some existing holes or will I have to re-drill to install that? I think I'll order it tonight, provided they ship out here to HI.
Mounts in the existing holes. I suggest tack welding the bracket in place, though. I struggled for months with my stock bracket and this bracket to keep the bolts tight enough to not make noise. I broke several 1/2" Grade 8 bolts trying to get it tight enough to not squeak or pop. Finally I just had a friend weld the bracket to the frame (three 1" stitch welds) and two years later it's still not made a peep.

justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #17
franknstn_cj5
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Shipping to Oahu on the TNT bracket is as much as the actual bracket ($100), so I started shopping around to see some more options.

This is the IRO drop bracket pictured above --

IRON ROCK OFF ROAD: XJ/ZJ Track Bar Drop Bracket

$100 to my door - a little better! Anyone used this or know why it's awesome and/or sucks?
franknstn_cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #18
01ClassicXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I have had the IRO double shear for about a year and it's seen about 15,000 miles i have never had an issue with bolts coming loose or anything. The only complaint was the lower bolt work but was a tad short for my liking so i used a longer grade 8 bolt and again no issues.
01ClassicXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2010, 08:07 PM   #19
franknstn_cj5
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I see - so worth it for ya? I'm considering the full double sheer or just the trac-bar drop mount.
Unread 05-18-2010, 10:22 PM   #20
justanotherjpr

Quote:
I see - so worth it for ya? I'm considering the full double sheer or just the trac-bar drop mount.
For me, the double sheer was worth the cost. I do not know of anyone that makes and sells a drop bracket that will use a single sheer (OE mount style) track bar.
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #21
franknstn_cj5
2006 LJ Wrangler 

so the TNT and the IRO (above) ones are both just for double shear?
Unread 05-19-2010, 08:31 AM   #22
lowicz96
1995 XJ Cherokee 

That is a perfect candidant for a 4x4 conversion!! Although i dont know how easy it is to find parts on hawaii but you just need a 4x4 trans, t-case and front axle with the same gear ratio as the rear. Oh plus dive shafts. Or just find a parts jeep and use that

88' Cherokee Limited - RIP

Sold - 96' Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2 Door, AW4, NP242, Its the girlfriends now!!
lowicz96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2010, 06:26 PM   #23
franknstn_cj5
2006 LJ Wrangler 

oh I know! I'm waiting for the right parts Jeep to pop up for the right price on Craig's List. Being on a tiny island doesn't help my selection either - you mainlanders count your blessings!

You guys'll all see it happen though in time. For now, I'm trying to decide why way to go with my whole Trac-bar/bracket/double sheer situation... anyone have any input on that?
Unread 06-03-2010, 12:36 AM   #24
franknstn_cj5
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Just thought I'd let you guys know Rosie isn't dead. All is waiting on RE... (been about 7 weeks now). However, picked up an 07 JK Sahara last week

Everything's prime and waiting on you, Rubicon! Getting very impatient!
Unread 06-03-2010, 12:37 AM   #25
franknstn_cj5
2006 LJ Wrangler 

4-door JK, that is. Family Jeep
Unread 06-03-2010, 01:28 AM   #26
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

thats a great buy for 1100..very jealous. also like the plans so far.
ajxj9197 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #27
franknstn_cj5
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Another misfortune for Rosie.

I'm pretty furious. Somehow my kit got lost in shipping, so now I'm back at square one, with the kit not even shipped from mainland yet.

Needless to say, I'm re-thinking the whole RE route. Unfortunately, I've got nothing but shadiness this time around from them. Really considering building something different now --

1) IRO 4" kit - I mean, really? I've haerd good things, but how does the boomerangs and AAL hold up? Why not just the full leaf - I don't understand. Also, no quick disconnects = boo.

That's the only one I've really looked into at this point. Funny, I did all this research 2 1/2 months ago and decided on my Super-Flex 3.5" - ughhhhhhhh
Unread 06-12-2010, 12:46 AM   #28
franknstn_cj5
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Alright, so on Rusty's, and kind of built my own kit, because I like it better that way. So here's what I've got so far.

Coils - XJ 3" Front

Spacers - .75" Poly (XJ,TJ,ZJ)

Leaf Springs - XJ - 3.5" - Rear (pair)

U-Bolts - HD Grade 8 (each)

Brake Lines - Extension Kit - Front and Rear

Trac-Bar - Adjustable HD Trac-Bar & Frame Mount (XJ,ZJ)

I'm kinda lost as to control arms. I've never bought any seperate from a kit.

Any advice/input/feedback?
Unread 06-12-2010, 04:59 AM   #29
_Trucker
'Bigger Member'

1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Alright, so on Rusty's, and kind of built my own kit, because I like it better that way. So here's what I've got so far.

Coils - XJ 3" Front

Spacers - .75" Poly (XJ,TJ,ZJ)

Leaf Springs - XJ - 3.5" - Rear (pair)

U-Bolts - HD Grade 8 (each)

Brake Lines - Extension Kit - Front and Rear

Trac-Bar - Adjustable HD Trac-Bar & Frame Mount (XJ,ZJ)

I'm kinda lost as to control arms. I've never bought any seperate from a kit.

Any advice/input/feedback?
Here is a link...the pic is my actual upper and lowers from Andy at Ironman 4X4 Fab.These are a great buy and Extremely strong, way better than my old RE lowers. I would never buy arms from anyone else now.
ADJUSTABLE FRONT UPPER AND LOWER CONTROL ARMS, JEEP COMANCHE MJ

NAXJA member # 3388
_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 03:47 AM   #30
franknstn_cj5
2006 LJ Wrangler 

She's back in the game! FINALLY, 3 months and a massive Rubicon Express fail later, I've finally got all of my eager parts are sitting in my garage. What I decided on after much research is as follows...

- 4" IRO Lift Kit - Yes, 2.5" AAL and 1.5" Shackle - I'm not too thrilled with it, either, but it's all I could get my hands on within the time frame I wanted (Hawaii needs to move closer to the US). Also, I plan on replacing it with full packs (probably Deaver) once those little guys get lazy

- Double shear adjustable track bar with drop mount

- RE Twin-tubes all the way around

- OME steering stabilizer

- IRO adjustable lower control arms

- IRO SYE and SV rear shaft

Here's some pics, fresh from Oahu Krawlers shop to my door...

Now this'll be my first real build on an XJ, so it should be a big learning experience.

The bad news? I just got all these parts in, and I have to fly to mainland on Thursday for 2 weeks So I've got to wait even longer to get started.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.