Roller Rocker Arms - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Roller Rocker Arms

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-25-2004, 04:57 AM   #1
Jeepomat

Roller Rocker Arms

Hallo

I am new in this Forum and i write from Austria, but my english is not so good,sorry.

Also i am searching for a Roller Rocker Arm Kit for my XJ 242cui 1989.
What does it bring on HP
Where can i by something?

Greetings

Michael

Unread 03-25-2004, 07:54 AM   #2
75SV1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepomat
Hallo

I am new in this Forum and i write from Austria, but my english is not so good,sorry.

Also i am searching for a Roller Rocker Arm Kit for my XJ 242cui 1989.
What does it bring on HP
Where can i by something?

Greetings

Michael
Micheal,
I can't comment on what HP this mod offers. Claims from manfactures are 10-25 HP. I do have a set on the Ford 351W, but I can't make any comparision. For the Jeep 4.0L, the selection is limited and relatively expensive. MoPar has a set. They are $120 each and you will need 6 sets (one per cylinder), plus a spacer for the valve cover ($75). Hessco sells a complete set.
http://www.hescosc.com/
At this point it might be your best bolt on option. Still, pricey at $650.That includes the valve cover spacer. Clifford is looking for a distributor. I don't know what price they will be, when available. Crower sells a set ($316). From description some modification to the head is needed (machining). I would guess you would need the valve cover spacer. Theese are rail type rockers. No need for guide plates.
Some say Harland Sharp makes a set for the 4.0, but I don't see it listed on their website. Others reference a website that uses Chevy roller rockers. It takes some machining to adapted the Chevy roller rockers. From what most people say, this modification doesn't produce the power (some say none) for the money involved (and work).
I have looked at other options (Ford Pedistal type), but nothing I can say will work. I think at this point the best option is the Hessco. Most say its the last power mod to be made.
Tom
75SV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2004, 04:40 PM   #3
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

As stated above, the roller rockers don't usually produce huge gains. It will allow higher reving, but IMO the cost to result ratio would not be big enough. Just go with a new set of factory lifters, push rods, and if necessary rockers. Then spend the cash you'd save on a better cam that will give you solid gains.

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.