Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Roll Cage

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Steelghost 
#1 ·
Hey guys im thinking about buyinga roll cage. However i have no idea were to get one. Do any of you guys use them and How hard is the install. I saw the one at rock hard 4x4 but im not about to spend 1000 bucks ona cage evan though myu dad said hed splitthe cost its still way to expsensive. So if any of you guys havea cage and know were to prder from, it would be greatly apreciated.

#3 ·
Personally I want a full bolt-in cage b/c I don't have access to a welder and don't know how to weld and no money to learn. That is a very moderatly priced kit though. If you're looking for a complete bolt in then the $1000 is the way to go for full protection. I pulled (litterally) a roll bar from a Suzuki Samurai at the junk yard and had it in my 4door and currently I'm putting it into my 2 door since I crashed the 4door. I'll take some pics when I'm done. It's a great way to do it cheaply. The roll bar with all bolts and the 4 streamer bars was like $13 from the local Pull-n-Save. The other option is custom fabrication. I looked into getting a custom cage and it's not that expensive when put into perspective. To get a 4- Point cage with a dash bar, windshield bar, and rear sissy bar. along with 2 streamer bars was $500. I don't need a full $1000 cage b/c no one is gonna be in the back. Only 2 seats. Long post and sorry if I steered you in too many directions. Lemme know what you decide to do. Especially how much it costs as I am 16 and would be splitting the cost with my dad if I got one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.