Rhino liner / Herculiner (truck bed liner paint)...question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Rhino liner / Herculiner (truck bed liner paint)...question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 08-10-2006, 09:20 AM   #1
VDoubleUVR6
I don't follow the crowd

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Rhino liner / Herculiner (truck bed liner paint)...question

Has anyone used this stuff on there rockers?

My XJ has rust on the rockers under the rear door area and I was thinking about fixing it and applying some rust bullet that stops rusts. Now instead of painting it green again I was thinking just applying some of that rhino lining (bed liner paint) which would take more abuse from saly and sand during the winter.

Show me pictures as I might do it this weekend.

1998 XJ Sport

My XJ / My old MK3
VDoubleUVR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2006, 09:30 AM   #2
Atari.fan3000
1998 XJ Cherokee 

take a look at this link

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...ght=Herculiner
C 4X4 front tow hooks; Rear Hatch Speakers; Painted Fenders Flares; herculined floor; Back-Up lights inside bumper
My car Domain Page
Atari.fan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2006, 09:59 AM   #3
VDoubleUVR6
I don't follow the crowd

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Nice...thanks for the link.

But those are painted a lot higher then I was thinking but again it helps me in seeing that that stuff looks like when applied to the vehicle.

And I could obviously pick this stuff at the auto parts store or even Home cheepo or Lowes right?

What about rhino lining...same isht?

1998 XJ Sport

My XJ / My old MK3
Unread 08-10-2006, 10:11 AM   #4
cmassey_2006
2006 WK 

I dunno about Rhino-liner, but you can get Herculiner at just about any auto parts store. I bought the 1 gallon kit at Autozone, but I know my local O'reillys and Advanced Auto Parts stores all had it too. Autozone had for less than the others and was nearest to my house. They also sell additional quarts, which may be all you need for just the rockers. I Herculined my entire interior floors/tub and I still had about a cup left over from the 1 gallon kit. That was two full coats too (which is what you should do).
cmassey_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2006, 10:23 AM   #5
VDoubleUVR6
I don't follow the crowd

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmassey_2006
I dunno about Rhino-liner, but you can get Herculiner at just about any auto parts store. I bought the 1 gallon kit at Autozone, but I know my local O'reillys and Advanced Auto Parts stores all had it too. Autozone had for less than the others and was nearest to my house. They also sell additional quarts, which may be all you need for just the rockers. I Herculined my entire interior floors/tub and I still had about a cup left over from the 1 gallon kit. That was two full coats too (which is what you should do).

Good to know. Thanks for your input.

1998 XJ Sport

My XJ / My old MK3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.