request: pics of 3 inch lift, and 31 inch tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > request: pics of 3 inch lift, and 31 inch tires

Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 12-24-2005, 06:34 PM   #1
wishihad1

request: pics of 3 inch lift, and 31 inch tires

i know i should be able to find this using the search very easily, but i just searched for 30 minutes and didn't find anything. so does anybody have any pictures of a jeep cherokee lifted 3 inches, with 31 inch tires.

im trying to get a 3 inch lift for my jeep, and my dad doesn't want me to. hes used to seeing people lift them 6-7 inches, and hes worried about it rolling over. so i want to show him that 3 inches really isn't gonna make is dangerous

wishihad1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2005, 06:42 PM   #2
XJ4oh
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I dont have any pics, but I have a 2" lift and I like the way it handles now more than I did when it was at stock hight. With the right equipment another inch wont make a big difference. If hes worried about you rolling, why are ya in an SUV? Although Cherokees have a ton less body roll than most SUV'S I have driven and seen. Dont sweat it, they'll let ya do what ya want to your Jeep soon enough. I was 15 when I got mine and they didnt want me to touch it, im 17 now and as long as its my money what I say goes. Just gotta work in your authority, lol.
Baja Aux. Lighting.
Green Jeep Club #185, Nowhere to Wheel Jeep Club member #1
'04 WJ - Columbia Edition - 4.7HO 2WD
XJ4oh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2005, 06:52 PM   #3
el_chupo_
2012 JK Wrangler 

sticky at the top called xj lift setups will have a bunch of pics.

1999 XJ - Sold
1988 XJ Cheif - Sold
el_chupo_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2005, 07:05 PM   #4
Bowzer

shweet, an excuse to show off my pics...

Stock

Rusty's 3" (full spring pack) & 31x10.5 M/T's
(in all 3 pics, the front has been trimmed, and the rear flares removed)

let your dad know 3" ain't chit! I can take 'marked 30mph turns' near 40mph, it still feels stock yet rides a helluv a lot better!
NP231
D30/front
8.25/rear
3.55s[/COLOR]
Mods: [COLOR=DarkRed]
Rusty's 3" kit (#300SP, full leaf pack)
Crager 15x8s
31" Dunlop Mud Rovers[/B] [/COLOR] [/FONT]
Bowzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2005, 07:11 PM   #5
xjrrrdx

Here is mine, rustys 3" full packs and 1.75" spacer up front. Trimmed front and rear.

RE ZJ 3.5" coils with 1.75" spacer, DPG 5" springs, JKS 1" shackle/ Black Steelies 4" BS/ 34" Trxus MT / RK 3-link LA / Rock Monitor Front Bumper / RE XD Trackbar w/ mount / C-Rok Rear Bumper / Aussie Front Locker / AJs Sliders, RE H&T
www.rocklizardfabrications.com
xjrrrdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2005, 11:56 PM   #6
dynamite44

the black one is on 31x10.50s
its jbowser12's
the silver one is mine its slightly taller than stock just to show you a bad compairason.
[URL=http://members.cardomain.com/outofcontrol]Cardomain[/URL]
[URL=http://capitaljeeps.com/gallery/dynamite44sgallery]my capitaljeeps.com gallery[/URL]
dynamite44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2005, 08:36 AM   #7
cherokee xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

If he's worried about COG, 3" won't really make THAT much of a difference. Get some wheels with less backspacing to widen the stance lowering the COG. Also, at that height, just keep the swaybars connected and you'll be perfectly fine. Mine's about 5" and i have 4" of backspacing on my wheels and with all swaybars connected, it handles just fine. No complaints about feeling any more body roll than stock. As long as you don't drive like a maniac, you'll be fine.
Unread 12-25-2005, 09:10 AM   #8
tweekedknee

hres mine, 3 inch rustys full pack, 31x10.5 bfg AT and the bush hacker flares.

You cant really see in this pictures but the rear sits a good bit higher than the front so i think once it gets warm im going to add an 1.5" spacer
tweekedknee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2005, 12:38 PM   #9
savage1978

LOL You really should bolt on the bumper instead of zip tying! LOL J/K

[IMG][/IMG]
savage1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2005, 03:00 PM   #10
tweekedknee

whats wrong with zipties? Actually it was holding my license plate on but i had to drill holes and bolt my license plate on for inspection. The ******* failed me only because of that.
tweekedknee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2005, 03:52 PM   #11
savage1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweekedknee
whats wrong with zipties? Actually it was holding my license plate on but i had to drill holes and bolt my license plate on for inspection. The ******* failed me only because of that.

He failed you because the license was sip tied on instead of bolted on?? Down here in Texas most of our licenses are held on with bailing wire.
savage1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2005, 08:42 PM   #12
mylt1

here's mine. not 31'S just 30'S.
mylt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2005, 09:23 PM   #13
Classic98

I have and Old Man Emu 3" lift, and its MUCH better than stock. Not just offroading purposes, but on-road function as well. My jeep handles, and rides substantially better than stock. Like said before, get yourself some wheels with less backspacing so the tires stick out farther giving you even more stability on the road. I still have stock wheels, and would like the tires to stick out more, but its still extremely stable on the road, and the suspension is much smoother. It will also help if you don't get rediculous tires - my BFG's are very smooth and perform excellent offroad. A 3" lift with 31" tires is very practical for a daily driver/weekend warrior. Just don't go the cheap way out...

1998 Classic XJ - 3" OME, 31" BFG A/T, RE Hack&Tap SYE/CV DS, JKS discos...
Classic98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2005, 09:34 PM   #14
Darrin T

I have 3" lift, coils on the front with 31" bfg's on 8" Chrome Rims. I did some trimming and raised up the fenderflares.
im000874.jpg   im000854.jpg  
[COLOR=LemonChiffon][FONT=Arial Narrow] Family project,...1992 Jeep Cherokee Limited Dune Buggy 4.0 HO : Removed all glass, cpt for windshield, cut down 1/2 Door's, Gutted all unnecessary interior pieces, 3" lift, 31" BFG's, 10: Aluminum RIms, Custom Exhaust, Cold air intake, Fender Flares, Locker, Flat Black, Lots of trimming!

"Big Ed" 1989 F-350 XLT Lariat, King Ranch, Crew Cab, 4x4, Banks Turboed 7.3 IDI, C6, Gear Vendors, 4:10ls, Propane Injection, Ram Air Hood Scoop, Air Compressor/Horns/Bags/Tank/Conditioning, 17x10" wheels, 35" BFG's, Dual 5" Sidepipes, Edlbrock Shocks, Dual Steering Stabilizers, Add a Leafs, Full Guages, Custom Counsol, CD, Amp, Sub, Rear Power Slider, Brushguard, Headache Rack, Spray in Bedliner, Diamond Plate, TCI Deep Trans Pan, Super Duty Cooler, and Aux Filter, Amsoil Dual Oil FIlters and Synthetics, Lots more,... check out the video,..

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r62RJValMQ8"]CLICK HERE[/URL] for "Big Ed's Extreme Truck Makeover", Reveall Video [/FONT][/COLOR]
Darrin T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2005, 10:07 PM   #15
Wisbar
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I don't have any decent pics but here is a small quick vid of mine...
http://videos.streetfire.net/player....D-7BFCF0FBA0F3
BLUE JEEP CLUB MEMBER #152
BUSHMAN'S JEEP CLUB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski01xj
"your becoming more of a redneck every time the UPS man shows up"
Wisbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.