Replacing Transmission and Engine Mounts - 2000 XJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Replacing Transmission and Engine Mounts - 2000 XJ

Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!GenRight Offroad at CCOR! 706-207-4140Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 10-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #1
NYSLC93
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Replacing Transmission and Engine Mounts - 2000 XJ

Does anyone know the correct motor and transmission mounts used in the 2000 XJ?? It seems that they changed them for this year and I want to make aure that I'm getting the right one?

Does anyone have a link?

Also, is there a good DIY on the install fro these??

Thanks, I want to do at least the transmission mount this weekend.

Unread 10-07-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
XJMilan

I could be wrong but I thought the motor mounts were the same for all year XJ's. I bought my tranny mount for a local dealer and I bought my motor mounts from browndogindustries. I bought the rubber ones so vibrations wouldn't be as bad

I didn't use a writeup when I did mine, I just winged it. I did the trans mount and motor mounts at the same time.

For the motor mounts, I used my jack with a block of wood under the oil pan. I loosened up all the bolts, cranked up the jack alittle, removed the bolts and took out the old mounts and put the new ones in. Pretty straght forward.

For the trans, I used the jack under the oil pan still but I put a jack stand under the transfercase just for extra support. I unbolted the mount from the crossmember then removed the crossmember, unbolted and took out the trans mount. Installation is reverse. I had alittle issue when reinstalling the crossmember after putting in the new trans mount. I couldn't get the holes to line up for the bolts that hold the crossmember to the frame on one side. Nothing a little pry bar and elbow grease couldn't handle though.

It is a pretty easy and straight forward job.
XJMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2009, 02:51 PM   #3
NYSLC93
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Does anyone have a link to the parts online?
Unread 10-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
XJMilan

Google is your friend or any search engine for that matter.

Just type "OEM Jeep Parts" into any search engine and start searching for what you need.

If you want expensive OEM parts try quadratec.com

I bought my motor mounts from browndogindustries.com. They are alot more than OEM stuff but they are supposed to last alot longer. I am happy so far. If money is tight, just get an OEM trans mount and motor mounts from any local jeep dealer or online jeep dealer.
XJMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009, 09:42 AM   #5
NYSLC93
2000 XJ Cherokee 

This past weekend, I inspected the motor and tranny mounts but they looked ok. What are some of the symptoms of these mounts going bad? I have some vibration in the rear of the jeep at idle, and in dash. Also, sometimes when I take off, it feels like the tranny moves.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.