Replace distributor cap, rotor, and wires - Won't start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Replace distributor cap, rotor, and wires - Won't start

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 07-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
jlb2004
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Replace distributor cap, rotor, and wires - Won't start

Ok,

So I just changed my distributor cap, wires and rotor.

I've done this before, so i figured I could do a quick job here. Got everything back together, and engine won't turn over, just cranks.

I even tried to put all my old hardware back in, and no go. I'm stuck at this point, as she worked right before I did my tune up and those were the only 3 things that were touched.

The only thing I did different was put di-electric grease on the dist. cap terminals. Pulled everything off and gave it a spray with terminal cleaner. No luck.

I'm stummped..

Any insight?

please
-jb

jlb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
jlb2004
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Good news! Fired up and started! Don't know why but she did. Gave her some running time and some cold time. Fired up again!

Re-checked all of my wires 1,5,3,6,2,4 - Musta been a loosey some where!

All is well.
-jb
jlb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.