Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Replace 1996 Radiator?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  MGrobe 
#1 ·
What is a good one? Thinking about going 3 core. What are benefits and where to buy?

#5 ·
I just installed a CSF 3-row radiator in my 98 on Saturday. Got it from radiatorbarn.com for $164.

Free shipping. Ordered it last Wednesday. It was on my doorstep on Thursday.
x2 :2thumbsup: took one day to get it, very simple install. As a matter of fact, it was the easiest radiator I've ever done, and Ive had to do quit a few at work.

#4 ·
1-800-RADIATOR sells radiator for cheap too *i think*. and www.autozone.com and www.partsamerica.com

if your good, it'll take you 45 mins TOP with the removal and install of a new T-STAT! I've met my radiator changing days 5 times already. so im pretty confident i did it in 45 mins or less. and yes, its easier to remove your FRIGGIN battery and use the battery tray as a tool box.

just make sure you get the right radiator the first time. unlike me, i had to run to the parts store twice because i forgot to bring my old one for cross reference.

#8 ·
1-800-Radiator and radiator.com sold me a bad GDI radiator 4 years ago. Their customer service is horrendous. I also know at least two other XJ's that got what looked like a used radiator from them. One took the radiator to a shop to be flow tested and part of it was clogged.

#6 ·
is your radiator shot? check the fan clutch or had it ever replaced within the last 3-5 years? if you are running hot, a 3-core with a old fan clutch can still overheat.

#7 ·
Thanks guys. I went with the 3 row CSF. Tried to buy it from Dirk but he was out so I bought it from Radiatorbarn.com.

Thanks Again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.