Removing 97+ doors with power *write-up* - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Removing 97+ doors with power *write-up*

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #166
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I see that there is no closure about the "door hinge bushing" method. from my googling, I found this link.

http://www.bodyshopzone.com/archives...replace_1.html

Read through it and you'll understand the bushing installation.

lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #167
Hudson
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Got my front doors off. Currently working on taking off the back two. I might of missed it in the reading, but how are you guys disconnecting the power (wires) to the rear doors?

Oh, and it was really hard to get a hammer and a punch into there to punch out the old pins that were really pressed in. I came up with this method to remove the pins. Basically acts like a bottle jack to push them up and out. Just keep tightening the nuts and it moves the bolt head up and pushes the pin out. Works like a charm.

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121903
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #168
itsmemagrojr
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Door helper pin fix

Great write up. Does anyone know how to fix that pesky door helper though? mine and my buddies clicks very loudly every time we open an close the damn doors. such a pain
itsmemagrojr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #169
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
Got my front doors off. Currently working on taking off the back two. I might of missed it in the reading, but how are you guys disconnecting the power (wires) to the rear doors?

Oh, and it was really hard to get a hammer and a punch into there to punch out the old pins that were really pressed in. I came up with this method to remove the pins. Basically acts like a bottle jack to push them up and out. Just keep tightening the nuts and it moves the bolt head up and pushes the pin out. Works like a charm.
Fwiw you can just throw a bottle jack on a cinder block and jack the door up from underneath and they'll usually pop right out. Once they get loose it doesn't take much to get em out.
Unread 07-11-2014, 01:23 PM   #170
patrickomalley
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Starting this mod today on my 01 XJ. I am only hesitant because of the sagging issue. Once the hinge pin is out , all you do is replace it with a 5/16? or drill out the hinges to accept a 3/8?
patrickomalley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.