Removing 97+ doors with power *write-up* - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Removing 97+ doors with power *write-up*

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #166
lifesaflaw123
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I see that there is no closure about the "door hinge bushing" method. from my googling, I found this link.

http://www.bodyshopzone.com/archives...replace_1.html

Read through it and you'll understand the bushing installation.

lifesaflaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #167
Hudson
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Got my front doors off. Currently working on taking off the back two. I might of missed it in the reading, but how are you guys disconnecting the power (wires) to the rear doors?

Oh, and it was really hard to get a hammer and a punch into there to punch out the old pins that were really pressed in. I came up with this method to remove the pins. Basically acts like a bottle jack to push them up and out. Just keep tightening the nuts and it moves the bolt head up and pushes the pin out. Works like a charm.

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121903
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #168
itsmemagrojr
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Door helper pin fix

Great write up. Does anyone know how to fix that pesky door helper though? mine and my buddies clicks very loudly every time we open an close the damn doors. such a pain
itsmemagrojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #169
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
Got my front doors off. Currently working on taking off the back two. I might of missed it in the reading, but how are you guys disconnecting the power (wires) to the rear doors?

Oh, and it was really hard to get a hammer and a punch into there to punch out the old pins that were really pressed in. I came up with this method to remove the pins. Basically acts like a bottle jack to push them up and out. Just keep tightening the nuts and it moves the bolt head up and pushes the pin out. Works like a charm.
Fwiw you can just throw a bottle jack on a cinder block and jack the door up from underneath and they'll usually pop right out. Once they get loose it doesn't take much to get em out.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.