Remove Plate Inside Rear Frame (passenger side, not nutstrip) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Remove Plate Inside Rear Frame (passenger side, not nutstrip)

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
rmeredit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Remove Plate Inside Rear Frame (passenger side, not nutstrip)

I have a small plate inside the passenger side frame, where the nutstrip goes. I'm using FST nutstrips and they don't have a raised area to go over this plate, making the strip impossible to install. Any ideas how to remove the plate? It is small, about 8" from the opening in the rear. It appears to be welded. The drivers side is flat, no plate. The plate is right above where the factory exhaust mount studs go up into the frame. I tried a hammer/chissel from the rear access hole, no dice.

I'd like to use these nutstrips as they are beef (1/4"). But, this is a problem as the strip won't lay flat in the frame, it seesaw's, making the bolts impossible to start.

rmeredit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
JeepZJlover
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Every good nutstrip I've seen has a hump for this just like the factory and jcr I wouldn't try to take that piece out I'm sure it's there for a reason
1993 Cherokee 4dr SE green, 4.0, Auto, HP30, 8.25, 3" lift 31" Goodyear Duratracs, Custom made front recovery bumper, Kenwood radio, 12" alpine type e subwoofer,alpine amplifier, Smittybilt xrc8 winch, tuff stuff portable winch receiver custom modified. 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0, 5 speed, Dana 30 front, Dana 44 trac loc rear, Stock
JeepZJlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
rmeredit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Ordered a pair of JCRs. Not worth the effort.
rmeredit is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.