Remote Starter - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Remote Starter

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-21-2006, 09:25 PM   #1
shelby_Extreme
Need More Mud.....

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Remote Starter

Hello Everyone, I just bought a remote starter for my 1998 Cherokee Sport 4.0L
5spd and was wondering how difficult it is to install or if theres any write ups on doing so because I've been told its over $500 to get it installed at Canadian Tire.

The Remote Starter is a Pro Start CT-3260 just to start the vehicle no fancy things for door locks etc. It is a Manual Transmission. Is this a P.I.T.A.???

Its only Available at Canadian Tire.

I was hoping to get it installed before the snow flies so any info or advice is extremely appreaciated!!

Thanks In Advance!!

Sorry if this question has already been asked because I haven't upgraded my membership yet but I will soon!!

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr 2" Lift and 31's --ROLLED & TOTALED
shelby_Extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2006, 09:32 PM   #2
GreenDean
1995 ZJ 

If you have never dealt with wiring before I suggest getting it done by a professional.

They have to over ride the clutch safety switch so be sure when ever you park it you put it in neutral with the e-brake on.

I worked at a shop a few years ago where a manual YJ with a remote start came in and the jeep was in gear when a co-worker hit the start button.

it jumped the curb and took off down a 30 foot hill into a tree.

one of the top 10 funniest moments of my life.

you've been warned.
GreenDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2006, 06:32 AM   #3
Lvnloud
TJ Wrangler 

I have one in my 92 5 speed. I would never wire an alarm by myself.

I did hit a car once with it, it was also pretty funny. I had to back it off of the girl's car. Officer gave me a funny look when I said no one was in either car.

In a 92 you don't have a switch to bypass.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.