Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Rebuild Kits

753 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  balloo93 
#1 ·
Ok, I have recently sold a BUILT 305 and got a nice chunk for it....now I want to rebuild my 242 with high performance stuff......I know there are site about stroking it and what not but I dont know where they are. Does anyone know these sites...or know a company that builds a performance kit for the 4.0. I am talking everything....the only thing I want to keep is the block! Thanks for any advice

#3 ·
dcuballa said:
Ok, I have recently sold a BUILT 305 and got a nice chunk for it....now I want to rebuild my 242 with high performance stuff......I know there are site about stroking it and what not but I dont know where they are. Does anyone know these sites...or know a company that builds a performance kit for the 4.0. I am talking everything....the only thing I want to keep is the block! Thanks for any advice
this is a pretty elaborate stroker site--lots of useful info
www.angelfire.com/my/fan/stroker.html
there is some porting and polishing head site maybe do a google on 4.0 head port and polished

#4 ·
dcuballa said:
Or let me ask this....how difficult and would it be street legal to rip out all my computer bullcrap and fuel injection and put in a carb 242???
Not street legal at all. You can only "improve" an fuel delivery system. So going from EFI to acrb would be a no-no.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.