rear spring packs? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > rear spring packs?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 02-13-2005, 01:28 AM   #1
97cherokee

rear spring packs?

i am going to replace my add a leaf with a full pack soon. what leaf packs are good. i know that RE's are good but heard they are stiff. can someone tell me if they are stiffer than the add a leaf? i also noticed that RE has a 6 leaf pack which makes me think they will be stiff. some other companies have 4 leaf packs its just that the leaves are thicker. any info would be appreciated.
right now i am for the RE packs since they would match my super flex. i am sure RE designs their spring rates to work together.

where is a cheap place to get these. i got the lift from redrock4x4 and got a great price. not sure if they will give me as good of a deal on the springs though. i have to check.

1997 Cherokee Sport 2 door. FOR SALE, rolled. drove it home. Drives perfect needs a windshield/rear side window, or for parts! RE 3.5 SuperFlex, RE SYE, RE HD Trackbar, ARB Bullbar+Warn M8000, C4x4 rear bumper, 5 speed, power options, ecco wheels and spare, 2nd Gen RE swaybar discos, OME shocks(1 week old), 31" BFG All terrains on black wagon wheels(4 months old), mopar skids, class 3 hidden hitch, CB w/ PA horn, 102" whip antenna (cool)
97cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2005, 01:43 AM   #2
Billabong1416
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I just put These on last weak. After I removed the over load leaf they gave me about 3 1/2 inches, with the overload leaf probably a little over 4.

I can't comment on how they flex though, because I haven't wheeled them yet. They do ride better than my old leaf packs with 80 K on em.' Just another option to ponder....
Unread 02-13-2005, 01:43 AM   #3
Blake
Redefining body roll

1996 XJ Cherokee 

If you have the RE 3.5 AAL, I don't see any reason not to get the Full pack from re too. It'll sit a lil' higher, but I doubt the ride will be much stiffer, after they good and broke in.

1999.5 Ford F250
6.8l V10 l Auto l 4WD l 4" Spring Lift | 4.30 Gears | 35" Treadwright MT/R's

Youtube

Twitter
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2005, 01:55 AM   #4
windaddiction

how's the ride quality with the add a leaf?
windaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2005, 01:58 PM   #5
gwarusee

Im running re 4.5" springs in the rear. have only had them on for about a month and they have softened up nicely. www.redrock4x4.com got then to me for 100 less than directly form RE. They give discounts on Re stuff to forum members.
gwarusee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2005, 03:45 PM   #6
wipedawg

dc4wd will destroy redrock4x4 prices on re stuff.

6 in lift, 35" Interco Trxus MT's, long armed, Bushwacker cut-out flares, Skyjacker coils(powdercoated grey), RE 4.5 extreme duty leaf packs, Tera 1.5in shackles, AJ's Superrails, AA SYE, TW DS, Blacked out all around. and a buncha RE trackbar stuff, and the infamous ZJ tierod :)
wipedawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.