Rear Grand Waggy 44's good swap? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Rear Grand Waggy 44's good swap?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 04-03-2006, 12:04 PM   #1
Cox89XJ

Rear Grand Waggy 44's good swap?

I’ve found some Grand Waggys’s at a J.Y. with 44’s front and rear. I’ve given up on finding a rear 44 out of a Cherokee. With the Waggy’s having six lug axles. Do they make a six lug to the standard Cherokee five lug wheel adapters? Would that be a good idea? I want to keep my Pacer alloy wheels if I can. I currently have a non C clip Dana 35 and wanting to put in a rear Detroit. Didn’t want to spend that kind of money on a 35.
Thanks guys.

Cox89XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2006, 07:13 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

What are you going to do with your XJ? Stay with 31's and have fun or build a trail monster? The D30 is a decent axle for up to 33's if you don't drive like your XJ is stolen. You have to start a list and put down the cost of the Waggy 44's vs. the cost of an XJ D44. What gears does the waggy have have now? Are your going to keep your present gears or move up? Can you weld the spring perches and control arm mounts or will you have to pay for that. Are you going to convert the waggy front axle to coils or the XJ to front end leaf springs? Can you fab and adapt the steering parts you will need? The width of the Waggy axles is close enough on some years. Adapters for your present wheels will add 1-2" in width and will cost how much? How much will it cost to refurbish 1 junkyard axle with fresh bearings, seals, brakes, brake lines? How much for 2 axles?

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.