RE slip yoke eliminator - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > RE slip yoke eliminator

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-02-2003, 12:08 AM   #1
heathen68

RE slip yoke eliminator

After 5 hours and a couple of trips to the hardware store I got my hack and tap installed today. All the tech write ups make it look so easy. I guess if you have all the right tools and a shop it would be easy. Nobody thought I would need one after a BB but I had vibes when I bought the jeep. It solved my low speed vibes but I still have some vibes at 75-80 mph. Note to anybody putting on a RE sye, they don't give the right diameter bolts with the shim kit for stock leaves. that's all folks.

cobra 29 cb and 4'firestik
Pioneer cd/mp3 player
K&N
ARB bullbar with Warn M8000
Sylvania Silverstar Headlights
XM Satellite Radio
RE "hack and tap" SYE
Garvin Roof Rack w/ full size spare
IPF 868's mounted on bullbar
IPF 968's on roof rack
heathen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2003, 01:07 AM   #2
pair8hd

Sorry you had bad luck on the install. I have installed lots of these SYEs with no problems untill about a week ago on a YJ. The tail shaft was very difficult to cut, drill and tap, and to top it off, I got sent the wrong u-joint in the CV shaft.
Let me know if you are interested in wheeling (we may be going this Saturday) or talking Jeep sometime. I live just south of you in Derby.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.