Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

RE 3.5 flex- super ride vs. super flex

5K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  red_01_xj 
#1 ·
Is there that much flex difference between the two with the the sway bar disconnected? Anyone have flex pics of the super ride with aal?

#4 ·
go with a full leaf pack and super flex you will be much happer

#5 ·
Here's a flex with the superride kit. Swaybar is still attached.

Here is the superflex kit. Hard to really tell anything though.

The superflex makes alot easier for offroading. I did the AAL both times and wasn't really that big of a deal. If I had the money I would have got the full leafs if I could.

#7 ·
Superflex has all metal flex joints in the axle side of the lower arms, superride has rubber bushings. Superflex will allow more articulation. This will ride harsher. If you never plan on going off road and are going for looks go with the superride. First thing I learned from the forum is that aal will work, but just don't waste your time and go ahead and get the full leaf packs if you plan on having it for a long time.

#11 ·
I would definitely go with the full packs instead of the AAL.

In terms of SF or SR, go with what fits your need. If you will offroad alot, go SF. If it's primarily a daily driver and will rarely see offroad use, go SR. Simple.

Here's my old XJ w/ the SF, I loved it! :)

#12 ·
The shocks I got with the SF kit were great because they aloud enough flex to where my springs would be extended the whole way and I could move them around. Small shocks are annoying because they take away from flex, I'm learning that on my new xj.

#16 ·
here is the main reason...i found it in a thread a while back
There's really not going to be much difference in the ride or handling of the two kits because they use the same springs and shocks. The only differences in the kits are the control arms, swaybar endlinks, and bumpstop extensions (the SR kit doesn't come with any).

The SuperFlex kit comes with SuperFlex arms with the articulating joint on the axle end. If you're planning to wheel your XJ, I wouldn't even consider the SuperRide kit. The SR kit comes with SR arms which have rubber bushings on both ends.

This is the kind of misalignment the arms and bushings will have to deal with when you go wheelin' and flex the suspension:

That's why I recommend the SuperFlex kit if you ever plan to wheel your rig.

The SF kit also comes with quick disconnects for the swaybar, whereas the SR kit just comes with extended endlinks. Getting a good set of quick disconnects brand new would cost more than the price difference in the kits, so just with the disconnects alone you're coming out ahead money-wise getting the SF kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.