Rancho 9000xl shocks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Rancho 9000xl shocks

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 12-13-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
jimbosxj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Rancho 9000xl shocks

Here is my problem and it is driving me nut's because I know the answer will be simple. Alright installed rancho 9000xl with the older air supply system one shop said it would work another no here's the main issue the jeep ride's like it has no shock's hit a woopy on the highway and hold on baby. Took the air system out of loop installed the manual adjusters and the same ride. Arrows on the shocks are pointing up and all I can say is any imput would be great.

jimbosxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
Rancho_Lifts
Shock & Suspension Expert
2013 JK Wrangler 

So if the arrow is in the center with the 1/9 straight up on the shock then it is on the softest setting. Start to turn clockwise and it will firm up the shock.
http://www.gorancho.com/shocks.php?shock=RS9000XL

Hope this helps.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic302198_9.gif
Rancho_Lifts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2011, 10:49 PM   #3
jimbosxj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

As with any dump a-- question's I checked out a freind of mine that has some older 9000 and the boot's our facing up???? Am I missing something serious here that rancho inverts there shocks because every shock I've ever run desert racing or rock crawling the boot is down turned the adjuster's from 1 to 5 then 9 no diff. boy do I miss my old 9000 so as alway's any help would be great.
Unread 12-14-2011, 10:52 PM   #4
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm running Rancho 9000XL's and they work flawless. Something got to be up with your adjustments or something loose/off on the suspension
Unread 12-14-2011, 11:07 PM   #5
jimbosxj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Suspension is solid the only issue's here is after compression at speed i.e. above 50 to 65 the front lift's so much that the front unweight's so much that the front end bounce's for six to eight time's are the shocks inverted with boot up? I've read post of people that don't run boot's because of dirt, dust and water getting into the shock which impley's to me that the boot's are up and they don't want to trap dirt and whatever in the shaft of the shock.
Unread 12-15-2011, 12:15 AM   #6
optdoug
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Are you sure your shocks are long enough?
optdoug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2011, 07:22 AM   #7
maimedsk8er
1996 XJ Cherokee 

^^that's a good question. Like to add two : How much lift do you have? & Did you try what the Man. advised?

All Rancho's I've used in the past were boot up designs too. This is my first Jeep I now currently own but I've installed them on other vehicles too; all with boot up design. I have had customers who like the flashy red boots and some like me who prefer not to use them...for me it's about the dirt too, but seriously flaming red?? lol.
Unread 12-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #8
Rancho_Lifts
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maimedsk8er View Post
^^that's a good question. Like to add two : How much lift do you have? & Did you try what the Man. advised?

All Rancho's I've used in the past were boot up designs too. This is my first Jeep I now currently own but I've installed them on other vehicles too; all with boot up design. I have had customers who like the flashy red boots and some like me who prefer not to use them...for me it's about the dirt too, but seriously flaming red?? lol.
The boot (shaft) should be up on a twin tube design shock. The red boot is ICONIC. We have had those for decades and decades now.
Unread 12-15-2011, 12:27 PM   #9
maimedsk8er
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I know, I know, lol. I'm surprised you didn't mention you have colour replacements available for order....guess I just did for ya!
Unread 12-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #10
Rancho_Lifts
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maimedsk8er View Post
I know, I know, lol. I'm surprised you didn't mention you have colour replacements available for order....guess I just did for ya!

I think any excess neon ones are from the 80's LOL.
Unread 12-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #11
maimedsk8er
1996 XJ Cherokee 

lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.