Radio Wiring Diagram Please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Radio Wiring Diagram Please

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 07-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
MikeSkSpeed

Radio Wiring Diagram Please

What's up everyone? Does anybody have a wiring schematic for a 96 cherokee radio? I need to know what wires are what in order to splice them with an aftermarket head unit. Thank's!

MikeSkSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
afdude
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well I dont have a diagram but if you have a voltmeter and a 9 volt battery you can figure out what wires go where easily. Use the volt meter to figure out witch wire has power with the ignition switch off thats what keep your radio from resetting everytime you shut it off, then turn the key on and find the wire that now has power, black is normally the ground. As for the speakers get to a quiet area and take your 9 volt battery and touch the wires to the positive and negative terminals and you will hear your speaker buzz then you can locate what wires go to each speaker. hope this helps.
afdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 02:37 PM   #3
Diamond-x
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Using a 9-volt could possible blow the speaker out. Do yourself a favor and use a AA, AAA, C or D cell.
Diamond-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
afdude
2000 TJ Wrangler 

my bad I guess the 9 volt i had was in my tool box for a while..dont blow your speakers on my behalf.
afdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #5
MikeSkSpeed

Thank's thats a good idea! I'll give it a try! Thank's again!
MikeSkSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #6
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

http://snowboard247.blogspot.com/2005/05/1984-01-jeep-cherokee-xj-wiring-info.html

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.

CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric , exhaust , lifted , muffler , radio

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.