Radio is very quiet - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Radio is very quiet

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-15-2014, 04:02 PM   #1
limitmike
1998 XJ Cherokee 

My friend gave me his stock stereo from his 2000 xj, so I popped it in my '98 and it plays very quiet. I can't hear it when driving and can barely barely hear it when idling. I can turn the volume up and up, but it'll stay quiet.

The previous owner of my friend's xj tampered with some of the wiring on the stereo, but I'm pretty sure it is all hooked up correctly.

Does anyone know what I can do to get it louder?

Edit: Forgot to mention, when I play my iPod through the cassette player, it is a bit louder, but I think that's because I max my iPod volume. Also it is distorted when iPod and stereo are both maxed.

limitmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.