Quick Compression Check Question - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Quick Compression Check Question

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 10-14-2009, 08:52 AM   #16
justanotherjpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterfry2004 View Post
Yeah, I figured I must have done something wrong. I'll clear it and try it again.

If one cylinder is running on 90, is that bad for the engine? If the repair will need to be done eventually, I might as well do it now, but if it's not a huge deal, I'm not opposed to just leaving it.
If you can afford it, do it. An engine needs 60psi minimum to run. It will barely lope along at that. You'll run a lot smoother with more power if you repair the issue. I was saying more or less that you could 'get by' if you needed to.

justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2009, 09:01 AM   #17
Wiskey
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Well,.. the main question in my mind is "Why is it at 90?" If it's low because your rings are worn there,.. no big. But usually they wear uniformly. If it's low because of a head gasket that got something under it, and is bleading compression into the coolant jacket that is a big problem and it can't run like that.

Whiskey
Wiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.