Question about TSB's.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Question about TSB's....

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-03-2007, 07:57 AM   #1
dubaudi
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Question about TSB's....

Does anyone know if a dealer will honor a TSB if I'm the second owner of the car and it's out of warranty? I'm just wondering because I did some research and found that there are a bunch of TSB's out there that would seem to perfectly describe some minor issues I have with my '00 XJ.

I'm wondering if I can go have them done, or if I'll need to pay? Does anyone have experience with this, or maybe work at a dealership and know the answer?

Thanks!

dubaudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2007, 08:19 AM   #2
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm the 4th or 5th owner of mine, I just got the free cat from a TSB...

you should be fine if you take it to them and specify that you only want recall/no-charge work done
WKdeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2007, 08:41 AM   #3
anony91xj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1.8t
I'm the 4th or 5th owner of mine, I just got the free cat from a TSB...

you should be fine if you take it to them and specify that you only want recall/no-charge work done
The free cat was a recall.

A TSB is a Technical Service Bulletin. They're simply a list of common problems put out by the manufacturer to help technicians diagnose and repair problems. That's all they are. Pick any car, any make or model, and you'll find a mile-long list of TSB's.

TSB's are not recalls, and no one will fix them for free.
Unread 01-03-2007, 09:06 AM   #4
dubaudi
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anony91xj
The free cat was a recall.

TSB's are not recalls, and no one will fix them for free.
I thought I read on here somewhere of a few people that had, for example, the infamous TC linkage rattle and the hot-start-rough-idle issue repaired by dealers at no charge because they were TSB's.

Not that I'm questioning what you're saying, I'm just wondering if maybe someone that works at a dealer is here and can give a definitive answer.
dubaudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2007, 09:15 AM   #5
cmotsvt

TSB's are not recalls. If you had a good relationship with a dealer they might fix items in a TSB but they wouldnt be obligated to unless it was under a bumper to bumper waranty. Even under a warranty you sometimes have to twist their arms.
cmotsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2007, 09:23 AM   #6
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anony91xj
TSB's are not recalls
... my bad
WKdeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #7
QHays

Just got the Stealership to flash the PCM as per a recent TSB. Cost $85 because it wasn't a recall...
QHays is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.