Problem starting in warm weather! Anyone has the same problem?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Problem starting in warm weather! Anyone has the same problem??

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 04-14-2006, 04:27 PM   #1
keon

Problem starting in warm weather! Anyone has the same problem??

When it was cold outside, I had no problem starting my rig. Now weather gets warmer and for the past few days, it took like 6-7 clicks for my cherokee to start. In winter times or cold weather, it only took me 2-3 clicks (never more than 3 clicks). Do I have a fuel pressue leak?

Thanks for all your input!!

2000 Cherokee 4.0 Auto

keon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2006, 05:09 PM   #2
winks00XJ

Stop using your mouse to start the jeep. Generally people turn the key to start their jeep. I am confused as to what you are saying.
winks00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2006, 05:17 PM   #3
gregmondro

starter clicks..
99 Jeep XJ - NP231, SYE, 4.56's, Rear D44 w/ Detroit SoftLocker and a RockCrusher Diff Cover, 35x12.5 BFG A/Ts, RE 5.5" XD Lift, Skidrow TC Skid, ORT Rear Bumper + Carrier, Rigidco Front Winch Bumper + Steering Box Plate, Milemarker 8000 Winch, Rock Sliders, HD Currie Steering, Control Arm Skids, Goferit Tie Rod Flip Insert, Optima Red Top and a few other goodies...
FiveZeroFive
XJ 8.25 Rear End Disc Brake Conversion For Sale!
gregmondro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2006, 05:33 PM   #4
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Start by having the code read and see if anything shows up. While you are there, get some new spark plugs if you haven't replaced the stock ones.

Beyond that, I would say clean out the TB (especially the IAC motor and housing).

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2006, 05:43 PM   #5
winks00XJ

If it is the starter that is clicking then you may have a bad battery. Can you give us more info?
winks00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2006, 06:08 PM   #6
keon

Sorry for using a bad word... my starter is not literally clicking. My rig starts like "gee gee vroom!" in the winter. Now in warm weather it starts like "gee gee gee gee gee vroom!". I had a tuneup around last september and I always use fuel injector cleaner every month.

In the morning when I go to work (around 40s-50 F), I can start mine real fast "gee vroom!"... In the evening, when I start it, if the weather is really warm, it will take the starter a few tries to fire up the rig. Just very different comparing to the morning start.
keon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2006, 06:39 PM   #7
Atari.fan3000
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Is your jeep parked out in the sun may be your battery is getting heated up and not out putting as much power as in the morning

How old is your battery?
C 4X4 front tow hooks; Rear Hatch Speakers; Painted Fenders Flares; herculined floor; Back-Up lights inside bumper
My car Domain Page
Atari.fan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.