Problem with Oil Filter Adapter - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Problem with Oil Filter Adapter

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 11-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
jbmcgee
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Problem with Oil Filter Adapter

OK, so yesterday I was changing out my old oil filter on my 95 Cherokee Sport Inline 6, 4.0 (the filter was stuck so I had to use the screwdriver/hammer solution) I managed to cause the adapter to move about a 1/4 inch downward. I had a hard time putting the new filter on because it rubbed against the motor due to the adapter and threading facing slightly downward. My question is: should I be concerned about this, no oil is leaking from the adapter or filter. I was going to try to move the adapter back to its right place but I had heard before about how easy it is to crack the housing plus I don't have the right tool to loosen the adapter. I would like to just wait until I need another oil change and take it to my reg mechanic and get him to move the thing back into place. Thanks

jbmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.