post #1 of Old 04-04-2006, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Question Prices?

I'd like to put a nice lift on the Jeep with plenty of the goodies that the majority have on here... nothing too crazy but a nice lift and tires for now, discos, etc... i was thinking possible 33x12.5s... about how much $$ would i need not including wheels and tires to a do complete lift and have everything set up as needed... after research and many options, ive become quiet baffled by the amount of parts available for these XJs... i currently have a lifted k5 blazer... talking bout simple... but in the future id lik to lift my xj as well... any ideas on about a round bout price range?

post #2 of Old 04-04-2006, 09:34 PM
cherokee xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

OK for 33's you're looking at a nice 4.5" lift kit such as RE (nets more lift than advertised) with a possible long arm upgrade, but some CA drop brackets work too. A SYE and CV driveshaft will be needed. With 33's you may need to upgrade your axles and you might want to regear. Depending on brands and if you get a shop to do the work or if you do it (prefered), you're looking at almost 2K for the lift kit, anywhere from $150-500 for the SYE/ cv driveshaft. Regearing varies but expect in excess of $500 per axle. Not including the price of tires and wheels, you're looking at a hefty sum of money. Deals can be had and bargains can be made. Do your homework and you'll do fine. Take a look at my xj though (album in sig) $2k in it so far for lift, tires, and wheels. Like i said, things can be done cheaper.

stock 2000 Cherokee Sport
black 4 dr.
post #3 of Old 04-04-2006, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee xj
OK for 33's you're looking at a nice 4.5" lift kit such as RE (nets more lift than advertised) with a possible long arm upgrade, but some CA drop brackets work too. A SYE and CV driveshaft will be needed. With 33's you may need to upgrade your axles and you might want to regear. Depending on brands and if you get a shop to do the work or if you do it (prefered), you're looking at almost 2K for the lift kit, anywhere from $150-500 for the SYE/ cv driveshaft. Regearing varies but expect in excess of $500 per axle. Not including the price of tires and wheels, you're looking at a hefty sum of money. Deals can be had and bargains can be made. Do your homework and you'll do fine. Take a look at my xj though (album in sig) $2k in it so far for lift, tires, and wheels. Like i said, things can be done cheaper.
well shyt i kinda lik the stance and height of urs... i could deal with them size tires, i just would lik the lift and atleast some 31s or 32s with some meat on em... this is a while down the road, but thanx a lot for the info, itll give me plenty of time to do some intense research and save some money
post #4 of Old 04-04-2006, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

lol i could just stick with fixin the k5... but its a heavy bizitch... we got a dana 60 and corporate 14 bolt axles and some 456 gears for it hopefully installing soon.. its got a 4" pro comp lift on 35x12.5 mt baja claw radials... id really lik to install a winch once we fab a new front bumper... other than that is a beast... just HORRIBLE on gas