Prices? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Prices?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-04-2006, 10:26 PM   #1
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Prices?

I'd like to put a nice lift on the Jeep with plenty of the goodies that the majority have on here... nothing too crazy but a nice lift and tires for now, discos, etc... i was thinking possible 33x12.5s... about how much $$ would i need not including wheels and tires to a do complete lift and have everything set up as needed... after research and many options, ive become quiet baffled by the amount of parts available for these XJs... i currently have a lifted k5 blazer... talking bout simple... but in the future id lik to lift my xj as well... any ideas on about a round bout price range?

matt62485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2006, 10:34 PM   #2
cherokee xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

OK for 33's you're looking at a nice 4.5" lift kit such as RE (nets more lift than advertised) with a possible long arm upgrade, but some CA drop brackets work too. A SYE and CV driveshaft will be needed. With 33's you may need to upgrade your axles and you might want to regear. Depending on brands and if you get a shop to do the work or if you do it (prefered), you're looking at almost 2K for the lift kit, anywhere from $150-500 for the SYE/ cv driveshaft. Regearing varies but expect in excess of $500 per axle. Not including the price of tires and wheels, you're looking at a hefty sum of money. Deals can be had and bargains can be made. Do your homework and you'll do fine. Take a look at my xj though (album in sig) $2k in it so far for lift, tires, and wheels. Like i said, things can be done cheaper.
Unread 04-04-2006, 10:52 PM   #3
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee xj
OK for 33's you're looking at a nice 4.5" lift kit such as RE (nets more lift than advertised) with a possible long arm upgrade, but some CA drop brackets work too. A SYE and CV driveshaft will be needed. With 33's you may need to upgrade your axles and you might want to regear. Depending on brands and if you get a shop to do the work or if you do it (prefered), you're looking at almost 2K for the lift kit, anywhere from $150-500 for the SYE/ cv driveshaft. Regearing varies but expect in excess of $500 per axle. Not including the price of tires and wheels, you're looking at a hefty sum of money. Deals can be had and bargains can be made. Do your homework and you'll do fine. Take a look at my xj though (album in sig) $2k in it so far for lift, tires, and wheels. Like i said, things can be done cheaper.
well shyt i kinda lik the stance and height of urs... i could deal with them size tires, i just would lik the lift and atleast some 31s or 32s with some meat on em... this is a while down the road, but thanx a lot for the info, itll give me plenty of time to do some intense research and save some money
Unread 04-04-2006, 10:55 PM   #4
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

lol i could just stick with fixin the k5... but its a heavy bizitch... we got a dana 60 and corporate 14 bolt axles and some 456 gears for it hopefully installing soon.. its got a 4" pro comp lift on 35x12.5 mt baja claw radials... id really lik to install a winch once we fab a new front bumper... other than that is a beast... just HORRIBLE on gas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.