Pre5tig3 91 Build Thread "Slow" $500 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Pre5tig3 91 Build Thread "Slow" $500

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-28-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
Pre5tig3
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Pre5tig3 91 Build Thread "Slow" $500

Im 19 years old and have always been into all types of velichles I owned 4 oldsmobile and I use to have a 96 zj and im the type of guy that the velichle he wants changes by the week but then I seen a stock xj make my dads 3/4 ton silverado look silly in the snow and I fell in love I looked long and hard for about 2 months and found some decent deals but for the money they wanted I wouldnt be able to do any fun stuff with it or pay for the gas!

So after being kinda discouraged my dad told me about my uncles xj just sitting in his yard gave him a call and bought it for $500!! Its rough around the edges but runs great the only bad thing the motor started on fire so all the wireing been replaced but he did a fairly good job replacing it all.

Here it is!

Here is the rust that i have on it I dont even want to know what under the carpet looks but from nderneath it doesnt look like ill need to replace floors.

Here is the rear quarter witch is fine im going to cut and fold well mosty just cut nothing to really fold on this side the other side is not as bad.

Here is the driver side rocker im thinking I may make some steel rock sliders or something to replace or just buy a patch for it not 100% on it.

This just cut and weld but im planing on taking off the flares and trimming.

I will keep updating but it will be a slow build have many plans but not the wallet for it or the time.

Pre5tig3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
shawnzoman
1994 XJ Cherokee 

By looking at that rust I'll say your floor is probably shot too. My Jeeps body looks great and I knew the floor had some rust but didn't think it was that bad until I got stuck in a mud hole and was forced to pull my carpet and my floor was terrible. I really hope your floor is in good shape but by your other pics I reaaalllyyy doubt it.
Unread 02-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #3
wlc78
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Rocker rott is typical has happened to both my XJ's...given its age and the fact that is has been sitting for a bit by the sounds of it I would take a body hammer and give those floors a good tap or two...better to do it in the garage then have it happen on a trail and end up looking like a flintstone.
wlc78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
Pre5tig3
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I took a look under the jeep and there is no holes I can see from the bottom but there is flaking but I tapped it with a hammer and it didn't go through so that's a good sign
Unread 03-15-2011, 05:37 PM   #5
Pre5tig3
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I just bought my lift I decided to go with some HD OME leafs with 2 inch spacers I got them from quadratech. They should be here in a week or so, Also got a new hood to replace mine with the big hole chopped out of it.

Now that it is getting warmer out I can start with some body work so far all I done is remove the rear bumper caps and getting ready to cut and fold the rear quarters as well as cut the front to make room for so km2 31s.
Unread 03-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
Pre5tig3
1991 XJ Cherokee 

And im really starting to understand the meaning Just Empty Every Pocket!
Unread 03-16-2011, 05:07 PM   #7
Pre5tig3
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Just finished cutting my rear 1/4 panels heres some pics

All that needs to be done is sand them down and spray some paint on it or bedliner?!?!?!

Also got a Zombie Hunting Permit
Unread 03-17-2011, 01:05 PM   #8
Pre5tig3
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Just finished trimming up front now removed bumper caps and trimmed the fenders.

I was a little worried about how it would come out but I love it makes it look more aggresive and shows more of the tires.
Unread 03-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #9
Pre5tig3
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Got a couple nice big boxes from quadratech today my HD OME Leafs and coil spacers and also put in some 6x9 boston speakers in the hatch but am not very happy with the sound because the door speakers are shot so need to replace them tommorow.
Unread 03-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #10
Pre5tig3
1991 XJ Cherokee 

finished up the 6x9s and put in new door speakers also got my glasspack from summit but somehow they charged me for 3 of them so I got 2 glasspacks I have to return. Also ordered 4 skyjacker shocks so I can instal my lift when the arive then no more spending for a while.
Unread 03-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #11
Flyordie
1985 XJ Cherokee 

Eek. That poor thing has more rust than my 85 does. Luckily for me though my floorboards and rockers are still 90% there. (very minimal rust)

I will be attempting to do some repairs with medium duty sheet metal this spring. Maybe some of my tricks will help you out. I am pretty redneckish when it comes to my repair techniques btw so they will be cheap.
Flyordie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #12
slamin04
2011 JK Wrangler 

I like the zombie sticker where can i get one

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cosmos111/
slamin04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2011, 07:21 AM   #13
Pre5tig3
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
Eek. That poor thing has more rust than my 85 does. Luckily for me though my floorboards and rockers are still 90% there. (very minimal rust)

I will be attempting to do some repairs with medium duty sheet metal this spring. Maybe some of my tricks will help you out. I am pretty redneckish when it comes to my repair techniques btw so they will be cheap.
Actually the surprising thing is my floors are totally solid still has all the underlining and everything I would think that the husky floor mats saved this one from being a flintstone car lol and as for rockers im doing steel tubing and I just have to get to a u pull to get some rot free doors. =)
Unread 03-24-2011, 07:22 AM   #14
Pre5tig3
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamin04 View Post
I like the zombie sticker where can i get one
You can buy them at Cafepress.com
The first day I put it on I was at work and when I came out afterwards someone tried to peel it off I could see there finger prints and a corner was peeled up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.