Power window troubles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Power window troubles

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
nofnof
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Power window troubles

Hey guys looking for some help or point me in the right direction.

2000 XJ

One day all of my power windows completely stopped working. Mirrors also don't work as well as driver side door lock.

I took out the driver switch and saw some burned contacts so I ordered a new switch. Put that in, didn't fix the problem.

Passenger switch has green light on the door locks which work, but no green light on window switch. All other windows have no green light.

Have 12 volts on the passenger side harness going to the passenger switch.

Every single fuse in the car is good I checked them all.

I can't understand the schematic for this.. Is there a relay or something not shown in the manual? Is my passenger switch screwed?
Any help is appreciated, all I've figured out to this point is that the power originates on the passenger side.

Sick of jumpering my windows open and closed at the motors with a piece of 14/2 romex =)

Last edited by nofnof; 08-07-2013 at 06:32 PM..
nofnof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #2
jserna
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Did you check the wiring in the rubber boot that connects the door to the door frame. It is not uncommon for Chero's and Grand Chero's can have broken wires inside the boot. Check all the doors.
jserna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
nofnof
2000 XJ Cherokee 

after counting number of wires from the harness and in the boot i noticed was 1 short, it ended up getting sucked back into the door =/ thanks. assuming the worst scenario possible first is not the way to go sometimes
Unread 08-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
Taylor00XJSPORT
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofnof View Post

I took out the driver switch and saw some burned contacts so I ordered a new switch. Put that in, didn't fix the problem.
Glad you got it fixed.

How much did the switch cost and where did you buy it?

Thanks!
Taylor00XJSPORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
nofnof
2000 XJ Cherokee 

ended up returning the switch from autozone because my old one was fine, it was 100ish from autozone, later i found amazon to have it for about 70. Glad I didn't have to waste my money on that.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.