Power Window Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Power Window Issues

Gear Installs at CCOR SpecialWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 01-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Power Window Issues

Ok, I'm losing my mind here! I'm having issues with my pass front window on my '93 4 door XJ. Using the switch on that door, I can only get it to go down, and not up. With the master switch on the driver's door, I get nothing. I have checked the wires between the door switch, and there's continuity in all wires. I have taken apart every switch in all of the doors, and cleaned them. I can jump the wires on the pass front door, and make it go up. I'm at a loss. I did search, and just about every thread about power window problems seems to be the'97-'01 XJ's which doesn't help me. Anyone know what I can possible check next? The master switch will work the three other doors, and except for that pass front door, the other door switches work. Thanks!

Jerry

Unread 02-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
booman75
1979 CJ5 

Im havin the same issue but the motor in the door isnt doin anything an an extra motor i got when plugged up to harness will only run in the up position cant get the driverside switch to do anything on passenger window... So i suppose im gonna try changing out driverside main switch first and go from there?
booman75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #3
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I found my problem, it was a broken wire between the door switch and master switch. If you have a volt meter, I highly suggest that you check for continuity for EACH wire. It will save you alot of headaches, as broken wires between the doors and body are common problems. Good luck!

Jerry
Unread 02-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
heepsterxj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I had similar problems with my 98 but it was that the master switch would occasionally work for all the other windows.

Turns out there were two wires all chaffed and exposed inside the door jamb and when the doors closed just right they were touching enough to allow the windows to all work. Otherwise you got nothing. Patched in some extra wire and all is well in the world.....for now.
heepsterxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.